My 90' MkIII

Buzz Lightyear

Jul 12, 2013
Bay Area
Okay, so this is my very first car that i have ever purchased, not to mention my first supra. I recently graduated high school and wanted to buy a car with my graduation money, thus finding a 1990 Toyota Supra Turbo that i picked up for only $1,300. Its definitely a project and now that I'm starting college Ill be working, so basically 90% of my money will be going to this car.

The car came mainly stock, only things done to it that i know of is that it has brand new head gaskets, a new K&N air filter, a new clutch (Im not sure the brand or exactly what was new, I forgot) and a rebuilt engine, as well as a rebuilt turbo. The turbo runs just fine and the car starts up nice too, the only thing is that it runs a little rough, possibly do to the injectors going out. All my money is going to engine mods and things that need to be done right now.

I have many plans for the car, I want it to be a fast daily driver along with it being reliable. Its going to take along time because I'm only making minimum wage but it will be worth it in the long run.

Im also debating to do a 2JZ Twin Turbo Swap or just make a beast out of the 7m-gte, still in debate.

Goals:
-Planning to install RC engineering 550cc injectors by next week
-I obviously need to get it registered but I want it to run first
-Its running on a spare right now, but Im going to change out both the rear tires
-I need all new window trim and I need to get my front passenger window adjusted
-Im going to take it in soon for a check up just to see if I need anything vital
-New Headgasket set up
-ARP Headbolts
-New Intake
-New radiator
-Greddy turbo and Intercooler
-New exhaust manifold
-Hks exhaust system
-Maybe a whole new clutch system
-Blow off valve
-Plenty more mods.

So here are some pictures of my car;

Supra1.jpg
Supra2.jpg
Supra3.jpg
Supra4.jpg

Its riding on a spare because that tire got torn up, the rim is fine, but its just in the trunk right now. The rim sizes are 17x8 in the front and 17x9.5 in the rear. As i upgrade I want to switch out the rims but keep that rim size. Currently sitting on 255/40's in the rear and 235/45's in the front.

Supra5.jpg
Supra7.jpg

The interior needs some work, Im not going to touch it for awhile though. Only the radio most likely. It has an old MOMO steering wheel as you can see and if you look closely in the front windshield, my dash has some nice cracks. I will eventually swap out the interior, carpet, seats and all that good stuff and get it replaced. I do want to keep the stock look to it just to keep my car semi-original. We will see what happens though.

Supra10.jpg

Eventually I'm going to paint and clean the entire engine bay so my car can look pristine.

Supra12.jpg
Supra13.jpg
Supra14.jpg

Its on stock MkIV rims right now, the previous owner said that the caps were stolen at the mall...bummer right?

So please leave any suggestions, comments, or your input on my car. I need all the help I can get.

Also leave me websites that are good for any aftermarket parts and accessories that will fit an Mk3, I have found a website called http://www.suprastore.com/ that i think is legit and I want to use but if you know of anything better, let me know.
I am open to alot.

Thank You

Buzz Lightyear

Jul 12, 2013
Bay Area
Yeah those 2 things kind of bug me, but it gives it more of a sleeper look haha but thanks dude Ill check those sites and good luck with your build too. Its looking nice.

Buzz Lightyear

Jul 12, 2013
Bay Area
Just picked up some brand new used tires recently, R17 255/40's, same size as before but at least Im not on a spare. I picked them up for only $120 and they both still have good tread. They are Goodyear so they should last me awhile too. Unless if I learn to burn out haha

IMG_3655.jpg

I had to park the car up on plates because I didn't have a jack small enough to fit under the car haha

IMG_3656.jpg
IMG_3657.jpg

So as you can see, the car looks a little better now that the spare is gone.

IMG_3660.jpg
IMG_3661.jpg

Buzz Lightyear

Jul 12, 2013
Bay Area
Look what just got shipped today :biglaugh: RC engineering 550cc injectors. Hopefully after I install these my car should be running right.

IMG_3710.jpg