my 3000 pipe replacement

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Finally getting around to installing the MAF-T. I had seen another member's set up, and needless to say, I was inspired to do the same!:icon_bigg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Okay, I wanna see the inspiration. I need a preview of what you're going for here.

Also, I'm not sure I'd put the MAF on top of the engine. Just make sure they're not susceptible to heat soak issues.

Aside from that I love seeing those monster MAFs...

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
starscream5000 said:
LOL, same thing I was thinking... So, what's your plans?

Here's a pic of what I'm doing. I just wish I could remember who's set up this is to give them credit.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I cannot find the thread this pic came from, but if I'm not mistaken, he had no problems w/ heatsoak.

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
midniterider said:
nice...but y ur plug wires so long madsupra??

Those wires are long because i plan on mounting the coils on the firewall, and i will shorten them to make them perfect, just had to get extra long ones so i have room to cut :D

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
you're planning to cut your ignition cables? uhh..
i've never heard of that..wont that mess with the resistances and shit? someone fill me in here.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
no i havent, guess thats why. just seemed weird to me cuz i thought changing the length of the cables by buying aftermarket cables that weren't the same size would mess with your ignition pattern, so cutting them just totally threw me off

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
when the coil pack is relocated to wherever it is he's putting it, they should be pretty close to the stock sized wires, some people will even use a wire set for the NA (like 8.5mm MSD's) cuz they are a longer. To my knowlege no one has had problems with the wires being too long so far. Ever seen how long a plug wire is on a mustang 5.0? ;)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I'm not saying it's ok, I'm just saying that the people who have lengthened the wires so far haven't had any issues unless they were DIY wires and not done correctly (I plan on relocating my coil pack too BTW since I got a nice set of chrome ceramic coated NA valve covers ;)).

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Lol ^^ that was the first day my car left the garage after the build, i wanted to drive it so bad that i looked everywhere in my basement and found bunch of clamps and made them work. ofcourse a week later they where all changed, butt then decided to go bigger :D

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
aaronmancilla said:
how did you tune the car?

Well, I still don't have it installed. I'm swapping in n/a valve covers, IS300 coil packs, and getting rid of the throttle linkage that runs across the valve covers. I also had to shorten 1 pipe to make it all fit.

As far as tuning, I will be setting it up @ base settings, and monitoring it w/ my wideband. I also know of a shop nearby that is familiar w/ MAF-T.