my 1jz build list (first jz please give input)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
foreverpsycotic;1025673 said:
^^^^^
It is also cheaper to get a 2jz bottom end than to build a 1jz bottom end, should something happen to it.

should something happen to it...........:biglaugh:

You crack me up Mike, you know their isn't anything going to happen to a 1jz bottom end....:icon_bigg

www.driftmotion.com imports engines and has anything else for a 1jz swap that you'll need.

torch'd

Sep 18, 2007
detroit, MI
do you make them for both s13's and s14? i have both chassis and am still debating which one to put the 1jz in.... so far its lookign like the s14 would be a cooler vi[p look (closer to the class of a supra that i can't afford yet :( ) lol

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
tlo86;1025580 said:
makes me wonder what the rod bolts are rated to on the 2jz bottom end

I rev mine to 7500. A friend takes his up to 8k every once and a while.

Benefits of 1.5JZ vs 2JZ, you can build up a 1JZ first, then increase the displacement without having to buy a new turbo manifold. You also have larger exhaust valves on the 1JZ.

torch'd

Sep 18, 2007
detroit, MI
Dr Tweak;1028234 said:
S13, S14, RX7, whatever :)

If you're going for a VIP look, what about the SC300, SC400, or GS300?

-Doc

i wish i could find one... im in michigan and already own the s14. got it runnign and drivign not well but good shape body for way too good of a deal. alright well i'll probably have you working on an 13 one. if you could pm me a quote im trying to budget for all this right now.

johnny

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
suprahero;1026050 said:
should something happen to it...........:biglaugh:

You crack me up Mike, you know their isn't anything going to happen to a 1jz bottom end....:icon_bigg

Lol. If something as little as my rings being shot occurs, I am going to look for a 2jz-ge block real quick. For the price you can get 2jz-ge long blocks for, it is not even worth rebuilding a 1jz block.

w58=shit
most 5spd front clips come with r154 handls like 900hp so there should be no problem
as for wiring there is a guy on ebay by the name of phoenix tuning or sumthin he does the wiring as long as you have all the wires.
2jzswap.com has all the neccesary items
i recommend some fat tires on the back as well 240=tail happy
and of course start out with a clean body. i reccomend one without rust at all check shock tower, front and rear wheel well, driver side engine bay frame rail as they rust the most there mainly because of exhaust hear and moisture sitting there, hatch doesnt matter and trunk also under battery is where there is alot of rust. check all those areas before swap, oh and all along the bottom. also make sure there is no bubbles on body or frame as that means it might have rustunder it. i had 3 240sx hatches and only 1 was truly clean. so look before you swap. have fun:biglaugh:

nm go to dr.tweak for wiring i think.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Dr Tweak;1026254 said:
If you need a hand with wiring that up let me know, we do plug and play harnesses for that application.

We used to do them for Tech2 until they stole our design and started doing it themselves :(

-Doc

we all know they are crooks :3d_frown:

Dr Tweak

torch'd;1028532 said:
i wish i could find one... im in michigan and already own the s14. got it runnign and drivign not well but good shape body for way too good of a deal. alright well i'll probably have you working on an 13 one. if you could pm me a quote im trying to budget for all this right now.

johnny

LOL well I'll sell you my GS300, '93 in nice shape, perfect for a swap :) $3000

1JZ and 2JZ swap wiring conversions are $450 plus $40 for return shipping. Contact me for our current turnaround time.

tlo86;1029071 said:
we all know they are crooks :3d_frown:

Oh, good. :3d_frown:

torch'd

Sep 18, 2007
detroit, MI
driftking786;1029067 said:
w58=shit
most 5spd front clips come with r154 handls like 900hp so there should be no problem
as for wiring there is a guy on ebay by the name of phoenix tuning or sumthin he does the wiring as long as you have all the wires.
2jzswap.com has all the neccesary items
i recommend some fat tires on the back as well 240=tail happy
and of course start out with a clean body. i reccomend one without rust at all check shock tower, front and rear wheel well, driver side engine bay frame rail as they rust the most there mainly because of exhaust hear and moisture sitting there, hatch doesnt matter and trunk also under battery is where there is alot of rust. check all those areas before swap, oh and all along the bottom. also make sure there is no bubbles on body or frame as that means it might have rustunder it. i had 3 240sx hatches and only 1 was truly clean. so look before you swap. have fun:biglaugh:

nm go to dr.tweak for wiring i think.

thanks for the insight. yeah the s13 (if i use taht) has been torn down to a bare chassis. so i know im good there. if i go s14 it isnt bad.... but yes my daily s13 notch is rusty as all hell... great to learn to drift on... if i hit a wall oh well its a crap chassis anyways.

ever swapped another engine into a 240 shell? and yeah i know tail happy from my 350 car with 245's lol... really need to go to a 275 at least.

torch'd

Sep 18, 2007
detroit, MI
Dr Tweak;1029283 said:

1JZ and 2JZ swap wiring conversions are $450 plus $40 for return shipping. Contact me for our current turnaround time.

Oh, good. :3d_frown:

man i wish i had an exra 3k for a chassis. and 450 saves me a helluva lot of time. so ill definatally be doing that.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
bexe;1025413 said:
go to 2jzswap.com they have quality kits made for this swap; Use the manual tranny it will hold the power all day long; it is pretty straight forward once you have the motor in if you have done swaps before...

I second 2jzswap.com He hakes all the parts that you need to fit a jz with a 5 speed in your 240. Dr Tweak is great at wiring. Here at the shop We build SR, RB's and JZ. If you need Turbos, manifolds and any other performance oriented part, shoot us a PM.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Dr Tweak;1029283 said:

shh dont tell them about the car i want to buy :sarcasm:

torch'd

Sep 18, 2007
detroit, MI
soapra;1030011 said:
I second 2jzswap.com He hakes all the parts that you need to fit a jz with a 5 speed in your 240. Dr Tweak is great at wiring. Here at the shop We build SR, RB's and JZ. If you need Turbos, manifolds and any other performance oriented part, shoot us a PM.

excellent thank you for the info... i will look you up for sure if you can make me a twin scroll single turbo mani for an hx 35 :D lol.

but itll be awhile yet. finishing up my blow through carb 355 chevy first. that should be a fun little s13 lol. then on to the 1jz.

johnny