My 1.5J Soarer project

mabru

part-time
Apr 5, 2007
Okinawa JP
I barely post on here, but I read it quite a bit. I thought I would share :icon_bigg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I still need to install the getrag, ORC triple, and put it in for bodywork and paint.
I have to have the driveshaft made to install the getrag so that put a delay on the project.

Ported 1J head
BC springs and retainers
Total seal gapless rings
ARP head studs, main studs, rod bolts
Greddy timing gears
KU Engineering plenum and 90mm TB
Jun 272 ex cam, Jun 264 intake cam
Custom manifold (I had to have the second one made since the first didn't clear the steering arm enough)
T67-1 with .96 open hotside
1000 cc MSD top feeds
Top feed rail with dual -8s
SS -8 fuel line and -8 return
Twin walbros on dual hanger
Aeromotive FPR
HKS 47mm wastegate
Departure custom full SS 1>2 exhaust with pre-mufflers
HKS mid-pipe
Drewgo DP
Fluidampr balancer
Greddy pulley kit
Greddy hard upper rad. pipe
Billion thermostat
R154 with stage 3 single and lightweight flywheel (for now)
Full defi suite
Half cage
AVCR
Power FC w/ commander
18 inch Manaray sports F:9j 235/35/18 R:9.5j 265/30/18 (changing to Wedsport SA70 9j and 10j)
Evolution body kit with Veilside front bumper

Parts to intsall:
Tomei 2 way LSD
Getrag
ORC triple and ORC slave
Driveshaft shop 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
80mm FMIC aluminum piping (hopefully this week)
Greddy Type R BOV

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but that's most of it.
-Matt

Last edited:

Internet

Mar 23, 2008
Canada
my soarer had the same hood as your car, it was soo bat-mobile reminiscent so i went oem style carbon.

just out of curiosity though, what is it?

mabru

part-time
Apr 5, 2007
Okinawa JP
Internet;977088 said:
my soarer had the same hood as your car, it was soo bat-mobile reminiscent so i went oem style carbon.

just out of curiosity though, what is it?

I'm not really sure, I bought it off of Yahoo Japan, I can't remember what the sticker under it says but it was FRP and weighed a hell of a lot less than the stocker.

mabru

part-time
Apr 5, 2007
Okinawa JP
LilMissMkIII;977739 said:
Wow mate! Very nice!!!!!

What rear lights are those????

Got them off of ebay, black euros. I'm not a huge fan of them but I like them better than the standard rear lights.

Annoyingrob, I'm not sure yet on the spool, I'm just coming out of my break-in period now so the gate has been open and avcr set at the minimum. It's trying to spool fairly early though, I didn't want it to come in too low since this is my daily driver and the roads here are like black ice when they're wet.

This coming week I will raise the duty on the avcr and give it a little boost, then hopefully get it tuned. I'm running a no boost, conservative tune on all map cells below 4k rpm right now. I'll have to change a bunch of it when the boost starts coming in.