Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Tun_x said:
Here is some stuf that just arrived from summit its a SFI 3.2
p707202_1.jpg

Jason

Didn't realize Summit was into the black market of selling children ;)

Here's hoping that suit never gets put to proper use :)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Nice! I have the jacket and helmet but will need much more soon.You have the list or do you need one for the requirements? (I would assume you have something to go by)

Duane

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
Jacket pants and gloves anything over 135mph as well as a role cage . A helmet is a given. At 135 they start getting allot more picky about what they let fly. It all needs to be -5.. Its all in section 10:10 of the NHRA rulebook .. nice way to blow almost a grand..:aigo:

Jason

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Tun_x said:
Jacket pants and gloves anything over 135mph as well as a role cage . A helmet is a given. At 135 they start getting allot more picky about what they let fly. It all needs to be -5.. Its all in section 10:10 of the NHRA rulebook .. nice way to blow almost a grand..:aigo:

Jason

a grand with a rollcage?

i paid about 600 for my helmet for my bike and even more for the racing leathers, that kinda sucked.. but hey you need what you need for a reason when it comes to safety :)

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
The cage was $2200.00 plus some extra for some little things I wanted done.. No safety gear included but the quality and installation of my cage is second to none!!

Jason

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Tun_x said:
The cage was $2200.00 plus some extra for some little things I wanted done.. No safety gear included but the quality and installation of my cage is second to none!!

Jason

So...how was front cage installed? (welded) Was it cut and mounted through the dashboard or was a curve added?

Duane

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
The dash was removed, notched and reinstalled after the cage was in .. The cage is setup particularly in the front for some future mods.... Thats top secret though.

Jason

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Tun_x said:
The dash was removed, notched and reinstalled after the cage was in .. The cage is setup particularly in the front for some future mods.... Thats top secret though.

Jason

Top secret my ass..I will call you tomorrow.

I don't wanna cut my dash when doing the rest of the cage so I am going to have the guy have the bar come down and around it.

Duane

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
If your dash still has all the guts then that will work better for ya. When he bends the bar make sure the the bends made don't add up to more than 90' or NHRA will have a fit!!

Jason

P.S. I'm not tellin

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Tun_x said:
If your dash still has all the guts then that will work better for ya. When he bends the bar make sure the the bends made don't add up to more than 90' or NHRA will have a fit!!

Jason

P.S. I'm not tellin

lol yes u r ::dead horse::

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Last time i bought a bunch of parts i bought me a suit too :)

Then i put it on and wore it around the house all day making engine and boost noises.....

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
Slow66 said:
Last time i bought a bunch of parts i bought me a suit too :)

Then i put it on and wore it around the house all day making engine and boost noises.....
I chase my wife around wearing nothing but the helmet:biglaugh: