musicians on SM?

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
How many of you on here are musicians or actively play/write/perform in a band? Ive been playing bass for 4 years or so and played guitar first for about 2 years before that. Right now Im a singer/bassist/songwriter in a poppunk/altrock style band (think offspring, 90s greenday, blink 182). Ive also been in a GNR cover band, a screamo/hardcore band, and a random cover band that used to play rich college kid parties(most fun ive had by far, plus free drinks and girls everywhere!) and just wondering how many others there are out there. Let us know!

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I play the euphonium/baritone, trombone, keyboard/piano and guitar (I actually just bought a new one a couple days ago... a black Epiphone EJ-200CE)

Between high school and college I played in about 5 bands. Three were ska/punk, one me and a couple of friends just made up songs and played for friends when we were hammered and the last one we gave Indie a shot. They were fun, but there was always one guy who took it all way too seriously and ruined the fun of it. Now I mainly just stick to keyboard and guitar and play on my own... t3h ladies seem to love it if you can play their favorite songs :naughty:

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
*daps up supraderk*

I play euphonium/baritone, trombone, tuba/sousaphone, and I'm currently teaching myself to play the bass.

Not in a band but I do want to play in a few jazz lounges once I'm actually good on the bass..

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
Bass, five years.
Guitar, four-ish years.
Euphonium/baritone/tuba/trombone/trumpet -- seven years.
Keyboard/piano (a bit,) on and off since the dawn of time.

I write and play mostly electronic-influenced music, do a lot of sequencing and programming. I've got some formal training as a straight up composer, too.

Played in a few bands, from pop punk to industrial rock.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I was in a band that fell apart for some reason. I was the only thing holding it together.

www.myspace.com/lastoneout1

Now I'm just starting to get into making beats with my cousin.

I play drums, guitar, bass, and piano. I played guitar in the band.

Drums for about a year, bass and guitar for about 5 or 6, and piano for a while just never kept to it so I haven't advanced much but can play decently.

MaverickA70

desperate parts beggar
Sep 17, 2007
arkansas
i play guitar with a few friends but haven't really started a band or anything.
in college i played trombone in the marching band and i was a music major for a while

xscurry

Apr 1, 2005
Houston, Texas
A good amount of people play bass on here. :icon_cool

Currently in two bands:

Bass - 14 years in a caribbean band
Drums - 3 years in a pop/80s/rock band