MSD box question?

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Has anyone used the MSD 6 BTM box to help relieve some of the ignition issues with the piggybacks? For anyone who isnt familiar with the MSD 6BTM it is a Boost Timing Master MSD box. It retards ignition by 0 deg to 3 deg per lb of boost created. With a max of 15 deg of retard. Other than the adjusting of larger injectors load at idle with the piggybacks, does anyone have any USEFUL knowledge as to if this would help in detonation with the 7m? I know there are some guys who are great with MSD systems in here, so lets see if anyone has experience with this MSD box and has some useful input.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Oh im still planning on going with the standalone. I am mainly asking about it to use instead of the standard MSD 6AL box. From what I have read on it, it does everything the standard MSD 6 box does but has the built in retard for boost, plus the soft touch limiter the AL has. I was more wondering if anyone has used this specific box so far. I have seen a lot of the guys have run the MSD 6A box, maybe one or two with the 6AL, but I have not seen anyone with the MSD 6BMT. Just curious if anyone has used it. And if it would also help others who are using piggybacks , then great. I think thats a newer MSD box (first time I have seen it personally).

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
have you looked at the MSD DIS-4 it does everything you need a ignition to do and more....plus it allows you to keep the stock igniton setup if you want or go full standalone

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Ok, not to sound like a dick or anything, but the question was has anyone had any experience with the MSD 6BMT. I know what all is out there, I just have never seen anyone use this specific box before. I dont need to know about the other MSD boxes. I am running the MSD 6AL in mine more than likely, because it has the soft touch built in. I am just interested in knowing more about the 6BMT, and if it would help more in what works for these cars.