MR2 Fuel cut solution..whill it work for us?

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=106965

Basicly they are saying they are plugging there boost pressure sensor hose and thats about it.....

I am not thinking this is going to work for us.... but does anyone wanna try it? I would but my car is not together yet.

It makes sence to me that it would not work for us due to are AFM's controlling the Karmen Freq. but ehh..... they seem to think it works.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
the MR2's ECU is obviously using a boost sensor to determine the boost level (just like the ST165 celica for example), but in our cars, the boost sensor is only hooked to the boost gauge and not to the ECU. as you mentioned, our ECU is determining the amount of air by the karman-vortex frequency along with a few other parameters like throttle position, HAC sensor and RPM, so this mod won't work for us.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
And the reason MR2's use a boost sensor to determine boost instead of their AFM *drumroll* because they get a dinky flapper door afm. Toyota, what were you thinking? The Starlet in Japan, a little econobox turbo, got a MAP setup. Why did the Supra, MR2 and Celica All-Trac get jacked?