MPG?

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
stock I get 13mpg city and 20mpg highway. I know i've got some stuff wrong but I can't figure it out, maybe its the O2 sensor.

Caplax40

Grand Tourer
Feb 12, 2006
Boise, ID
I usually hit 16mpg mixed city/freeway. I just completed an 800 mile round trip almost all highway and didn't fare much better.

I wonder what's up???

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Check the condition of your wiring also, the o2 sesor wires are close to a high heat source (even though they are sheilded), but +15 years can and will leave wires brittle and needing a good repair job....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I read this and all I come away with is somebody gutted their cat, and published on the internet. As long as you have a spare $5000 or so, don't sweat it.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
bluedragon17 said:
stupid N/A rear end
Doesn't impact MPG really at all from my findings. I got the same actual mileage with the 4.30 as I did with the 3.73

I love how, now that gas prices are going up again, there are two new threads about MPG in two days.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
bluedragon17 said:
i drive on the freeway alot because of my job at 70MPH in 5th gear im at 3200 rpm not good for gas IMO

My celica's about the same. 80MPH in 5th gear is about 4000RPMs and 100 is at about 5000RPMs. I manage ~25mpg out of that li'l bugger. (yes i know. this was to determine mileage on the supe. :p )

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
bluedragon17 said:
ok so im N/A currently(three more items then swap!!!!) i see about 18-20 city and about 16-18 freeway. stupid N/A rear end

My grey N/A got around 23 25 mpg on the highway, but that was babying it quite a bit, cruise control on 60 to 65. It bothered me how high the rpms were just cruising.

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
DAMN IM JEALOUS now i dont have a super monitor to check teh MPG. But just from lookin at the fuel guage im guessing im gettin around 8mpg city and 13 freeway and before i get chewed out trust me my wallet is proof of it and gas station reciepts mods are 3inch exhuast tenzo filter and dats it i might be leaking though gunna do a full check in about two weeks

Supraman

Mar 30, 2005
Sunnyvale
88tsupra said:
DAMN IM JEALOUS now i dont have a super monitor to check teh MPG.

Guys...do you not know how you're supposed to calculate economy?! Please do not use the Super Monitor, or the gas gauge. Who knows what the Super Monitor is doing...and it's way off for anyone with upgraded injectors. The gas gauge is incredibly inaccurate, too.

It's very simple to do it the proper way--with any car.

1. Fill your tank up to maximum--let the pump run with the trigger locked, and pop to a stop by itself.
2. Reset your trip meter.
3. Next time you want to get gas (which can be at any time), get a full tank again. Check how many gallons are necessary to get you back up to the full click-off point; this is the amount of gas you have burned since your last visit. Now check the trip meter--that's how far you have driven since your last visit. Divide the trip meter number by the number of gallons on the pump--and you have a real-world, incredibly accurate measure of your milage.
4. Don't forget to reset your trip meter so you can get another reading the next time you fill up.

Please, people calculate and report these numbers, so we can get some real data on Supra MPG ratings.

My car has exceeded 23.5MPG on all-highway driving, with a bit of traffic, about 50% A/C use, and an average speed of about 80MPH (when not in traffic). More typical highway economy is 20-21MPG, with occasional aggressiveness. With extremely aggressive city driving, I have never gotten below 15.5MPG; usually, the average city/highway number is about 19.

My car has a number of modifications, including 550cc injectors, MAFT-Pro Speed-Density, and is set at 14PSI boost on the CT-26. I also use the MAFT to enforce an AFR of 16.0 during cruise, to safely save a bit of fuel.