MPG in my 94 Celica?

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
I havent been getting such great mileage as Ive been told I would.. Im looking around 28 - 29mpg right now, and I was under the impression the 110hp 7A-FE got 32 - 35....

I know 2 things wrong with the car but I dont know how much these affect MPG....

one rim is bent a little, and so its all outta blanace and the tires suck.
I dont THINK there is a thermostat in the car, the temp is always a little wacky.... would this affect MPG?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
phoenix6;1070531 said:
I havent been getting such great mileage as Ive been told I would.. Im looking around 28 - 29mpg right now, and I was under the impression the 110hp 7A-FE got 32 - 35....

I know 2 things wrong with the car but I dont know how much these affect MPG....

one rim is bent a little, and so its all outta blanace and the tires suck.
I dont THINK there is a thermostat in the car, the temp is always a little wacky.... would this affect MPG?

Well, tire pressure matters if you haven't checked that (should be around 32ish) and driver matters the most. Whether it be heavy on the throttle at times, or driving with the A/C on blast, or the windows down at highway speeds, it's something. If not, just do a tune-up...

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Yeah Ill be doing one soon, everything else really checked out. I checked air pressure when I got it, Ill do it again tomrrow at work. If its supposed to get 28mpg thats fine, I was just told it was supposed to get more.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
I could see 32-35 if it was mainly highway miles, but 28 seems pretty good.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
how do you drive? thats the biggest influence on the mpgs.. drive like a grandma..

I get 24 mpg in my Turbo AWD celica around town.

Edit: though looking at the rated mpg, its only 27/34 for the car.. so at least your hitting that. But with some easier driving I dont see 30+ being that hard to get.