Moving To The Dallas Area!

daddycat31

Nov 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I am moving to the Dallas area (Plano) this summer. Just wondering if any members live in the area? If so what are the shops in the area that specialize in our cars? I am currently in need of a tranny rebuild (or replacement)...was going to get it done here in WI before I move, but was thinking there has to be some really good shops there in Dallas to work with rather than the one here that is so-so...

da

suprajim54

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I live in Irving near DFW Airport. There used to be a local guy named Christian that had a shop working on MKIII's, but it seems he's moved on. I got in touch with a local 7M guy that did some work on my car last year, but I have yet to find an another shop that specializes in the MKIII. Join www.texassupras.com, not a whole lot of activity on there lately, but most of the locals are there. There's a few MKIII's around but you don't see them too often. It seems MKIV's are much more common around here. I take my car out as much as I can, so you might see me around town. The good thing is you can usually find a car meet most nights of the week in some part of DFW. Summer weather is hot but otherwise good for cruising. Once you get to Plano, check out Coit & 190 on Friday nights.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Welcome!
Im just north of Plano in Frisco. I havent been out in awhile, my car is currently down ATM. Hopefully we have it back on the road by the end of summer, I cant wait to start going to meets again! My brother does quite a bit of work on MK3's. Send me a PM if you need anything.

Fernando

daddycat31

Nov 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
suprajim54;2043474 said:
I live in Irving near DFW Airport. There used to be a local guy named Christian that had a shop working on MKIII's, but it seems he's moved on. I got in touch with a local 7M guy that did some work on my car last year, but I have yet to find an another shop that specializes in the MKIII. Join www.texassupras.com, not a whole lot of activity on there lately, but most of the locals are there. There's a few MKIII's around but you don't see them too often. It seems MKIV's are much more common around here. I take my car out as much as I can, so you might see me around town. The good thing is you can usually find a car meet most nights of the week in some part of DFW. Summer weather is hot but otherwise good for cruising. Once you get to Plano, check out Coit & 190 on Friday nights.

Thanks for the info bro! I will check that out when I get down there...

daddycat31

Nov 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
FernandoDLT;2043579 said:
Welcome!
Im just north of Plano in Frisco. I havent been out in awhile, my car is currently down ATM. Hopefully we have it back on the road by the end of summer, I cant wait to start going to meets again! My brother does quite a bit of work on MK3's. Send me a PM if you need anything.

Fernando

I will definitely do that...thanks!