moving to NC...

JERX88

MKIII OWNER
Oct 24, 2008
Cedarburg, WI
I have been thinking about moving to charlotte area after visting UNC Charlotte and really liking the surrounding area. One of the questions I ask myself is how large or active the Supra community is, in that area. Obviously I would like to move down there just because of the weather (not having to store my car in the winter and deal with driving on the bad WI roads is one of the biggest things I would be looking forward to), but I would also like know what the supra community is like before I move somewhere. Let me know whats up with the Supra owners down there...

Thanks

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
There are quite a few around here in the Raleigh area and a lot of good people that own them too. There is a low 10 second MKIV on stock twins in sanford. Met him through a bunch of non-supra related friends. Nasty little thing.

JERX88

MKIII OWNER
Oct 24, 2008
Cedarburg, WI
Blksupra1jzed;1247753 said:
There are quite a few around here in the Raleigh area and a lot of good people that own them too.

That is good to know. I was accepted into both Charlotte and NC state, and all these little things are helpful in making this tough decision. Do the Raleigh area Supras go to many meets during the year? Also, I know it is NASCAR country out there, is there any import scene there too? Thanks for the information and help.

-Jeremiah

JERX88;1247927 said:
That is good to know. I was accepted into both Charlotte and NC state, and all these little things are helpful in making this tough decision. Do the Raleigh area Supras go to many meets during the year? Also, I know it is NASCAR country out there, is there any import scene there too? Thanks for the information and help.

-Jeremiah

NC State FTW! I know I'm a bit biased since I go there but I like State more than UNCC and a lot of my friends go to UNCC. What do you plan on studying?

Raleigh is definitely more active in the car department, and I usually see less riced out cars up here compared to Charlotte. I lived in south Charlotte though, the boringest area :nono: There's an annual meet in Concord just north of Charlotte for Supras only, but there are plenty of car-related events all over NC.

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
There is a decent import scene here that aren't riced out. You find them through networking and we don't do meets typically. Just go grab a bite to eat and hang out from time to time. I know there are a few supras here and on importsnc that would love to get regular meets goin.

SupraMan1987

Mar 8, 2006
Hickory area, NC
I'm in the Charlotte area, actually go to NTI in Mooresville. Their are several of us around, and we do have out big winter meet every year. We also pretty much all know each other and do hang out from time to time. Their is naturally rice in the Charlotte area, but their are also a lot of quick cars. Lots of money around here leads to some fast cars.

JERX88

MKIII OWNER
Oct 24, 2008
Cedarburg, WI
I just want to thank you all for your help and information. At first it didnt seem like a big area for Supras, but I guess I was wrong and have a very tough choice now (which college to choose). Once again, thank you. And if you have any more helpful insight to the area, please, keep it coming...

-Jeremiah

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Anytime! Which ever one you choose it's still all good. The Raleigh area is only about 3 hours east of charlotte so I would probably make your choice based on which school would fit you better (that is also the most important detail). I dunno bout the rest of you guys here in NC but I love driving my Supra and if we set up a meet that required me to drive a while I would be glad to have the excuse to go for a long drive ha ha ha. Asheboro would be a great meeting place to do a meet combining the Charlotte group and Raleigh group. It's roughly 1.5 hours for each to drive to. After I get this clutch, flywheel, and all the seals installed I am going to try to get some kinda regular meet whether once a month or once a week, who knows.