mouse troubles

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
so i noticed the other day that there was a small pile of dog food in the little spot by the oil cap in my car. so obviously i cleaned it out. Then i got out some simple green and started to clean as much of the engine bay area as i could reach for a while hoping that the mouse would find a new place to live for the winter.

i looked again this morning and there was food there again.

a couple of months ago i installed a K&N fipk and was looking at the engine while revving it to admire the new suction sound and i saw a mouse run up over the head area and back down into the engine. I figured that after a trip on the freeway he would move out but i guess not.

so basically i put a mouse trap by my oil cap and filled it with dogfood i hope it catches that sucker because i hate to think about what he is chewing/where he is nesting in my engine....

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Snap traps. Put them all around the car/engine.
Also put up some mothballs.
Last resort - decon.
Problem is, when the little SOB dies, he may smell and be some where in your car.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Mckay, do you park the car in the garage at night, or outside? I am thinking that the mouse just goes into the engine bay when you get home, being the engine is nice and warm. Do what John says. (MDC)

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
JSINboostin;910025 said:
I had a mouse livin' in my engine bay some years ago when it was garaged... Chewed up my wiring harness and left lots of loads.

I did not know that a mouse could jackoff.:biglaugh:

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
i know this cat that i could throw in there :evil2:

jk

yeah i put a trap in, i park in a garage so that might be the trick

decon wont be used, we used it once and one of our dogs got into it and died. If i do again my mom will kill me

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Moth balls. One in the engine bay(or under it if your parked in the garage) over night should do it. Rodents HATE the smell, and will leave the area permanently. I occasionally throw them in some cars stored out back for just this reason. No cats, possums, 'coons, mice, rats, etc.

Good way to keep them out of your attic, as well. Just don't use too many, or the whole house will stink. Only takes one or two.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
You could also give them Churitos, It will get stuck in their throats and they will eventually die.:eek3dance

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
cry4me_sky;910377 said:
the trap was sprung...no mouse.... i think the hood set it off

I wouldn't be so sure, I had a mouse living in my garage that could somehow steal the bait without setting off the trap. Every morning I'd check the trap and it would be sprung and the bait would be gone. Eventually the odds caught up with him and the trap got him. Didn't know when to quit.:icon_bigg

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
i had mice in my garage, i got the sticky glue traps. I woke up in the middle of the night. the mouse was making noise. Im a sucker for an animal. i got it free and let him go. i can't stand to see an animal die.....lol F.Y.I tHE glue on those traps is nuts. took me about 30 minutes to set the mouse free.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Just make sure all of your wires are in loom. It isn't 100%, but it will help keep the mouse out till you get the little bastard.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Yea snap traps are tricky..Ive tried to catch a few mice and just ended up catching their tail haha.Thing cut their tail right off.