motor wiring help.

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
did all my searching and so on but cant seem to find my answer. my question is ive look everywhere for a 7mgte but i could only find what they called the 89-92 only. so if i use that and the 87 turbo harness then will the car start up and run fine? the motor is not a 87 though. also, where do you guys get your guys 7mgte from? i perferbly want complete long block. also, can anyone give me a link or something that tells me how to remove the whole engine and transmission?

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
Jeff Lange;1484050 said:
What year is your car, ECU, and engine?

Jeff

87 supra, n/a auto. i was saying that if i could run the 91 harness with the 91 ecu in my 87 then i will do that but is it possible?

also, if my car has the tems, does it have abs too or no?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
If I were you, I'd get an 87-88 Turbo ECU and Engine Harness. An 89+ harness will not match up to your body harness and will not plug in. You'd have to start changing connectors, etc.

Your best bet is to get the correct harness to match your year.

Jeff

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
^ what he said, its not worth the time changing harness, i had to do that since i was short of time. Even then it wasnt correct, i had to find the right harness, best to you is to find 87-88 harness and ecu so it would plug into your body harness.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Yeah, the engine doesn't really matter. Use the harness and ECU to match the car. Change 1 or two sensors or connectors if need be. It's the easiest way for sure.

Jeff

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
so i could use the 87-88 harness and turbo ecu with any year 7mgte right? if so, sounds good. where can i get a complete longblock or complete motor and tranny for a fair price? ive tried looking but cant seem to find it.

also, when i bought the car, the owner gave me a r-154 tranny and it has been sitting for a while now so how can i check to make sure all gears are still perfect and no grind? i dont want to take it in to get it inspected since its as much as getting one with the long block when ordering it.:naughty:

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
were in cen cal are you im in merced off 99..? anyways why dont you hit craigslist they always got parts car for cheap and motors..espically in the bay area la if you want to travelt that far... 4u2quik as a motor hes out of modesto....pm him about it...

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
dubsupra209;1484645 said:
were in cen cal are you im in merced off 99..? anyways why dont you hit craigslist they always got parts car for cheap and motors..espically in the bay area la if you want to travelt that far... 4u2quik as a motor hes out of modesto....pm him about it...

im in fresno. i dont wanna go and buy a car dued to space shorten and 4u2quik? is he a shop or what? im new here so dont know many people.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
i think the only sensor that is different on the 89+ engines is the ECU temperature sensor on side of the T stat housing. i think the pre 89 is brown and the 89+ is green. just switch them as the plugs are different on the harness. 91+ harnesses have a square 02 sensor plug.

oh and of course the TPS are different.

Attachments

• T stat housing.jpg
    T stat housing.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
okay then but i guess to make things easier, ill just run 87-88 harness and ecu with 89-91 motor..:biglaugh: