motor sites for 2JZ, good/bad?

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
Not really sure where to post this, so if this is the wrong area I apologize

I plan on doing a 2j swap within the next few weeks and have been trying to find a good place to purchase a motor/transmission/harness/ecu combo from.

Some sites want 2k others want 5k

Can anybody recommend a good place or give me warning of places to avoid?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
WTB mod for this section so I can clean up these...
As much as I hate saying this....seriously. If you don't even want to take the time to search...since this topic has now been chewed over like old gum...don't attempt a 2jz swap. It takes a lot more than this, and if your not even willing to do the slightest bit of research, then this swap is definitely not for you.

3rd page...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82057
3 seconds of searching.

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
D34DC311;1167772 said:
WTB mod for this section so I can clean up these...
As much as I hate saying this....seriously. If you don't even want to take the time to search...since this topic has now been chewed over like old gum...don't attempt a 2jz swap. It takes a lot more than this, and if your not even willing to do the slightest bit of research, then this swap is definitely not for you.

3rd page...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82057
3 seconds of searching.

the searches I was using was getting no results, thats why I made a thread or I wouldnt have made it. I wasnt searching specifically where to buy a 2j since EVERY used motor importer sells them. I just put 2j in the title so people werent trying to sell me their 7ms, but thanks for the link.

Last edited:

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Sometimes, just going to search doesn't work, search is your friend but not the give all answer book.
Sorry to sound harsh, but lots of post like this have been popping up recently.

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
D34DC311;1168128 said:
Sometimes, just going to search doesn't work, search is your friend but not the give all answer book.
Sorry to sound harsh, but lots of post like this have been popping up recently.

search is the reason I've been a member so long and have such a small post count. I post in the for sale section and the midwest section, other than that I just search and find what I'm looking for, I couldnt believe I couldnt find anything in my searches, but I was trying to be vague to get more hits. If I would have just searched exactly what I was looking for that thread would have showed up lol

My friend just did a 2j swap (lilredsupra) but i've actually done some of my own research :biglaugh:

woodytsi

Supramania Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
spring,tx
i'll say. i got mine from jdmenginecorp in dallas. i went and pick it up myself. so i made sure to pick the one i wanted.
woody

supraman502

not lazy, just dont care
Apr 8, 2005
louisville, KY
foreverpsycotic;1168811 said:
JHot, Jarco, JDMexchange, and the vendors here.

I'm going to wait until jarco has one in stock, their close enough I can go pick it up and hopefully they'd let me do a compression test before I took it home.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
supraman502;1168814 said:
I'm going to wait until jarco has one in stock, their close enough I can go pick it up and hopefully they'd let me do a compression test before I took it home.

You might want to call them, I was going to do the same thing. I have heard they won't be importing engines anymore because of some EPA rule or something.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
Yea, you may want to call them I got my 1j clip from them Good motor good transaction, but my engine got double shipped meaning it made it to the US and was shipped back to japan because of customs BS the clip dismantled and engine set + associated parts sent back to the US!