more clutch problems

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
My car had this very same problem before. After it had been sitting for around 6 months I drove it one day and the clutch pedal got stuck to the floor, so I pulled it up by hand then the clutch refused to go back down.

I had another car to drive so I left it like that for another 2 years. Now I replaced the clutch, pressure plate, resurfaced flywheel, new flywheel and pressure plate bolts, all new trust cone, washers, stainless braided line, new slave and master cylinders and bled the system.

The car worked great for a few weeks while it wasnt making boost (was making boost before I put it in storage). I replaced the blowoff valve and the first time I hit boost, pressed the clutch down and again it got stuck to the floor. Pulled it back up by hand and now she doesnt want to go back down. I can press the pedal all the way down if I put a lot of force into it and can feel the pedal almost ticking, but still cannot change gears.

Any ideas?

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Check if you feel fluid near the clutch pedal. That would mean the master cyl is going bad. Check for leaks in the lines and slave cylinder. If no leaks seem to be there rebleed your clutch system. If the same thing happens again, change the master cylinder, slave, and line.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
I took a look at the fork and noticed the bolts on the support were not tight at all. I could loosen both bolts with my finger. I am not sure if it was always like this, or maybe I didn't tighten the bolts after doing the clutch or maybe it loosened while driving. Could this cause the problem I had?

Below is the picture of the support below, can anyone confirm that the spring is fully intact and installed correctly? (the opening where the fork sits is at the top, I apologize for the poor quality picture) I made an order at toyota for a new spring, maybe I can return it when it comes in.

IMG_2164.JPG

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
Found the problem, looks like the clutch hub seperated from the pressure plate. I guess the snap ring went... The trust cone can be moved around (2cm or so gap).

I have no idea why this would go after I replaced everything including all snap rings, wave washers, bearings, etc.

I'll have to find a trans jack before I have any more updates, thanks.