Modifying mk3 turbo lsd for drifting?

shoesandsocks

NA-T MX83
Sep 1, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
I dont know where i should put this but i guess it goes here if not if someone would please move it they have my thanks.

Well im trying to set up my car for drifting now i have used the stock turbo lsd before and have had good results but i was told that u can add extra clutch disks to the lsd to make it more aggressive or act like a 2way lsd is there any validity to this cause i have extra lsd clutch plates that i can stick in and that would be amazing.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
I don't know about the supra's setup, but I know that for Corollas basically you just get the thickest disks availble in the rebuild kit, basically making the lsd lock up sooner and harder. Not sure about actually being able to fit more disks in though.

Acting like a two way has more to do with the cam in the LSD, so you can't make a car that was otherwise one way into a two way unless you've stuffed the thing so full that the things locked all the time.

customs

Dec 29, 2008
Edmonton Ab
I am also interested in this. From what I understand you will have a better results going aftermarket.

While we are here: Can you remove the rear differential pumpkin from any of the other RWD Toyota's out there, and swap it directly over to a supra. For instance a chaser diff, or a soarer.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Stock it's basically a 2 way. Iirc.

Iirc they installed the clutches in different orders but you can add spring and washers to increase the break away torque of the slip.

Also iirc this all has to be done in a rebuild case.

Sorry for the iirc but it's been a while. I know it been done on the break away torque but it's been a while since I've seen the thread but I know it's here some where.

If you'd like I can move this to the general where it'd get more views.
Pming me to move it would prolly be the quickest as I'd see it faster.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Stock it's basically a 2 way. Iirc.

Iirc they installed the clutches in different orders but you can add spring and washers to increase the break away torque of the slip.

Also iirc this all has to be done in a rebuild case.

Sorry for the iirc but it's been a while. I know it been done on the break away torque but it's been a while since I've seen the thread but I know it's here some where.

If you'd like I can move this to the general where it'd get more views.
Pming me to move it would prolly be the quickest as I'd see it faster.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I looked but didn't see anything for a MKIII. Can someone post a link to what they've bought for drag racing? My reared is whining like a little bitch.