Modified 89on Bumper

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
Thought i would post up some pictures of my Modified bumper, its part of my build project,

Still got to mesh where the lower grille was.

p1315406_1.jpg

p1315406_2.jpg

p1315406_3.jpg

The nose cone is a temp measure until i repair the original Jdm one, As i hate the headlight washers.

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
tbcmorris;1315421 said:
so did you just cut off the bump?

Well yep the guy it got it from did, it was a nearly mint front bumper until he done that, So i decided to have a play with it, I cut a replacement section from an old rear bumper and trimmed it to fit, Looks stock ish except the missing lower grille. But better than a pre 89 one, I like the shape of the face lift one but not the hump bit.

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
87tomanymods;1315475 said:
im not a fan of the bump i like pre 89 more air flow ,but this looks good. what are you using for mesh.

got some black diamond mesh, looks nice, its a satin black with small diamond shaped opening's.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I bought an 89 bumper last year for this same idea, but I like the actual shape, grille, and fog lights from the pre-89 better. I couldn't do it. People are starting to make lips for the pre-89. Shine only has the one but I'll keep waiting.

Looks good though. The big reason for me was wanting the nice lips available for the 89+

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Guyana00;1315944 said:
I bought an 89 bumper last year for this same idea, but I like the actual shape, grille, and fog lights from the pre-89 better. I couldn't do it. People are starting to make lips for the pre-89. Shine only has the one but I'll keep waiting.

Looks good though. The big reason for me was wanting the nice lips available for the 89+

im assuming you dont know how easy iit is to put an 89 and up lip on a pre 89 bumper. it very simple. you only need the hardware and some peices of metal that you drill 2 holes and and bend them at a 45. the lip in my sig is an 89 and up lip obiousously on a pre 89 bumper.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
tbcmorris;1316021 said:
im assuming you dont know how easy iit is to put an 89 and up lip on a pre 89 bumper. it very simple. you only need the hardware and some peices of metal that you drill 2 holes and and bend them at a 45. the lip in my sig is an 89 and up lip obiousously on a pre 89 bumper.

Hey martin I checked out your build thread, beginning to end, nice restoration. I want to do something like this next year.

I tried 89+ lips mocked up to my bumper, it doesn't look right to me. After taking off my stock lip seeing the way it lined up it isn't the same. I can tell it isn't made for the bumper. If it suits you that's good though, thanks for the tip. Maybe some other people didn't know and will try it and like it.