mod getting out of hand ie Jdub

Status
Not open for further replies.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
GrimJack;1354004 said:
Actually, we don't have a thread about this guy. Yet. Maybe I should go start one?

To add to what has already been posted, you can also appeal any decision handed down by the staff here. Simply send a PM to myself, Supracentral, or Jeff Lange - or all three if you wish - and we will look into it.

However, do this at your own risk. There is a fine chance that we'll agree with the staff's decision, and if we do, you're very likely to get smacked even harder. Think of it as double or nothing.

PS: If we were to rank Moderators here by the amount of hate mail they generate, oddly enough JDub isn't that far up on the list. The For Sale mods bear the brunt of that burden.
I don't generate a lot but what I do is always very entertaining :D
(hang on second thoughts here yeah I generate a bunch :: IJ. :: )

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Almost 1500 posts and not a single infraction for me.

Hmmmm...... Is it? ..... could it be? ......

Oh ya. It's cuz I follow the basic, worthwhile rules that keep this place from turning into 9/10 car forums.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
suprarx7nut;1354107 said:
Almost 1500 posts and not a single infraction for me.

Hmmmm...... Is it? ..... could it be? ......

Oh ya. It's cuz I follow the basic, worthwhile rules that keep this place from turning into 9/10 car forums.

+1 If you get an infraction, its likely because you broke the rules....the rules you agreed to when you joined this forum....are you really gonna call out a mod for doing his job?! Furthermore, i could be wrong here but im pretty sure they dont get paid, and they are doing it out of love for this place. So quit being a hater.

I wouldnt be surprised if this thread ends up on the wall of shame.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Zumtizzle;1354011 said:
Disagree.

I think your Panties are in a bunch.

Your opinion of dislike towards John just shows you're a Douche, and should have kept your opinion to yourself.
Yes, i am a douche because i believe he is the worst mod on here?
God forbid i have an opinion.
I have no problems with Ian, Shaeff, Buckshot and most of the other mods/admins on here. Again my opinion gets me an infraction for "trolling", but the people coming into the MJ thread doing the same stuff isn't.
What can ya do.
savannahashlee;1354017 said:
savannahashlee;1354023 said:
RSPIL13 + MrPFlyod

Congrats on misspelling. Twice.
jdub;1354024 said:
::focl::

Looked in the mirror lately sport?
It's pretty obvious who takes the internet too seriously and gets their panties all wound up...your track record proves it, as does your coment in this thread...LOL!

All anyone has to do is look at your profile and click on your infraction history...pretty easy to see who is telling it like it is here ;)
If it wasn't so pitiful, it would almost be funny.

Yes, because i tell it like it is and get infractions.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
LilMissMkIII;1353981 said:
I did :)

And to clarify, my post is in regards to those having a go at the mod team.

If you have an issue with them, why are you here?

If it weren't for them, there wouldn't be an SM.

not specifically bashing on any one admin on here but, sometimes it is also because of them (admins) are the reasons why such forums like SF fall on their face and get a bad rep.

politics...i hate it.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
IJ.;1354106 said:
I don't generate a lot but what I do is always very entertaining :D
(hang on second thoughts here yeah I generate a bunch :: IJ. :: )

bet you get a lot of pm's asking how old you really are. hehe

"boy, i used to hang out with pterodactyls back in the day":biglaugh:

ed.d.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
You would think people would consider the strict rules in and related to the FOR SALE section a blessing, what with all of the fraud and swindling you see on the internet, especially related to cars. If you want less "rules" and the ability to still be an asshole, stick to off-topic - it works for me.

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
OP needs to go back to school and learn what freedom of speech really is. Also, Mods make the forum go round so don't disrespect them.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Mr.PFloyd;1354128 said:
Yes, i am a douche because i believe he is the worst mod on here?
God forbid i have an opinion.
I have no problems with Ian, Shaeff, Buckshot and most of the other mods/admins on here. Again my opinion gets me an infraction for "trolling", but the people coming into the MJ thread doing the same stuff isn't.
What can ya do.

You expressed your opinion and said nothing to back it up. Zum expressed his opinion and used what you said to back it up.
Mr.PFloyd - 0
Zum - 1

You get infractions because you have a history...one anyone can see. You never step back to access you might be the one causing the problem, you always whine about it and try to make it appear you are somehow being victimized (like you just did). You never own up to your behavior, instead you are always being "unfairly treated"...every infraction you have recieved is followed by a PM from you saying "I don't think I deserved an infraction...it's very unfair". Your whining is well documented. Get used to it...the mod staff has got your act down pat.

Mr.PFloyd;1354128 said:
Congrats on misspelling. Twice.

Feel better big guy? Case in point.

Mr.PFloyd;1354128 said:
Yes, because i tell it like it is and get infractions.

You get infractions because you deserve them...make no mistake, it's based on your behavior.

Alright you expressed your opinion, now I'll express mine. You are an immature, self centered punk that seems to think your opinion is all that matters. You want people to respect what you have to say, but do not respect what others have to say. You manipulate what is said in a given post by ignoring any facts and make comments that are way off base as a means to deflect attention away from how ignorant your opinion really is, or to justify it in a very twisted way. You do not have any concept of treating others like you would like to be treated yourself...you are a narcissistic individual who does not believe that "what goes around, comes around" should apply to you. You ignore the facts, yet demand attention to what you have to say even though your "opinion" has no base.

The last thing on earth that a guy like you will do is ever admit they are wrong. You are simply not man enough to do that....pathetic.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
To Jdub,

like i said earlier the ONLY reason i posted on doward gb thread was b/c that was were i saw it, as did the person who deleted it, so i didnt mean to imply it was dowards doing, though i can see how it should have been worded differently, and like i said i just wanted to read through that other thread and when i came back it was gone, and from what i did get to read on that thread it looked like you and zazzn had some beef, so by it getting deleted it makes it look like mods (in this case you) just delete things from people you dislike or disagree with, and thats why i felt you were getting out of hand, i understand not everyone on here is super knowledgeable about everything, but they should still be allowed to post their thoughts/opinions, even if theyre wrong, i understand what your saying about misinformation, but theres no need to delete everything, maybe just at a *note,

to doward:

i wasnt trying to thread crap, but like stated previously just wanted to learn about this "issue/concern" about upgrading the front brakes and not the mbc/rears/etc, but i will read up on the link you posted and pm you w/ any ?'s i have

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I sorry, but I must not be understanding something here...

Just because you may live in a country that has constitutional rights such as freedom of speech does NOT mean that you have those rights on someone's private website (this one specifically).

If you don't like how a forum is handled based on the owners ideas of how it should be, then feel free to click the "back" button until you have left the site.

/debate.

SM doesn't = USA

It's not that hard to understand.

This website isn't even run by a bunch of hard assed stuborn I-have-an-ego-to-uphold moderators. If you've been on a few forums, you'll find that this is one of the fairest forums around as far as your freedoms go.

Just like one of the admins have stated earlier, if you have a problem with an infraction that you've gotten, take it up with them for dispute. You could also negotiate your infraction with the mod who handed it out. That was not mentioned.

Click on my profile and you'll see that I have an infraction, but under the comments, you'll see that it was revoked? Why is that? Because there was a misunderstanding on why it was given in the first place. What did I do about it? I negotiated that infraction like any mature adult would do.

What happened after that? It was revoked and nothing like that has ever happened again. :)

Is it too hard to understand? If you can't get along like civil people do, then like I mentioned above, your internet explorer has a "back" button. I suggest you use it and then find another forum to view and comment on. Don't be surprise if your attitude isn't handled nearly as well as it was on here. ;)

FYI: On my revoked infraction, care to see who handed it out to me? ;)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I've carefully reviewed this thread. I've read all sides of the equation.

Jdub does exactly the job he signed on to do, and does it superlatively. I understand this may upset people who feel they are somehow "special" and that the rules that apply to the other 10,000 users of this site somehow shouldn't apply to them. To those people, I have a lot to say, but since a picture equals 1,000 words, here's my paragraph on that:

postbs.jpg

The posted policies and rules of this site cover everything mentioned in this thread, including how to resolve disagreements with the staff. This thread is a clear indication of what not to do.

As for the others that chimed in, your specific track records speak for themselves. You don't get infractions because you are "lone warriors of the truth with the guts to speak out against the establishment..." - if you we're, you'd probably wind up on the staff.

The reason you get infractions is because you are assholes who can't work and play well with others.

This thread however will continue to serve a much higher purpose than the OP intended, and I'm putting it in the one place where it belongs:

severe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.