MKIV NA Auto to W58

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Hey all,

So, I realize that there are not a ton of mk4 people on here... but I just wanted to throw this out there just in case.

So... next month, Shay and I are gonna take on a fun little project.... she currently has an automatic Supra and just bought almost everything to convert it to 5 speed manual. I am currently petitioning the general manager of the Toyota dealership (where we both work at) for a day off and a bay in the shop to make this happen (thus, shut down a money-making bay and employee) so I just want to make sure that we get as much info as possible before we start.
Anyways, Her thread on SupraForums is here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?735866-MKIV-NA-Auto-to-W58 where she has her detailed parts list.

If anyone has done this swap before and has any advice or tips to offer, please post here!! I want to be as prepared as possible so that we can finish in 2 days, maybe 3 days max... both for the benefit of the shop, and for both of us.... If we can pull this off in an efficient manner then that's points for me to move up to the soon-to-be-open line tech position, and maybe Shay to detail... :D

p1981440_1.jpg

p1981440_2.jpeg

Thank you!

Last edited:

757_supra

Ich bin das boost!
Mar 3, 2012
US
You two clean up rather well... Back on topic. There is a thread made by driftmotion, about doing this swap. Hopefully you've seen it. Good luck with the project, fingers crossed that GM agrees to let you use the bay.