MKIII W/ 1JZGTE stock oil pressure

CrazyHorse26

Formerly Puerto
Aug 2, 2011
Long Beach, CA
ok guys, can anyone help me with more info to come about to getting this to work, im running a 1JZGTE in my MKIII and i want the stock oil pressure guage to work with it, i have the hose and the oil pressure sender unit, i need more info on the wiring..

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
yeah mine only had one wire off the stock 1j sender. but i beliveit was only a idiot light.and it was just a ground switch

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
What?

You need the hose, like in your original post you stated you had. You also need the 7M sender, the big gold bell looking sender.

You hook the wire from it to the pin I stated in my post. Your oil pressure gauge will now work.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
generally an adapter is used so you can clear the a/c compressor using your old pressure gauge on the new engine, same plug.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I had to splice the 7M oil pressure connector into my 1JZ harnesses in order to complete the connection, don't know of this is relevant or not... OP is kinda vague.

This pic shows the 7M sender and the stock 1JZ connector. You can obviously see how connecting these two is not possible.

p1846982_1.jpg

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone