MKIII Smackdown - SILV08

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
upgradedsupra;1078416 said:
Last I heard, John drove your car faster than you did. ;) I drive mine myself, thanks. :icon_razz

Well John drove it to make sure everything was running good being we were track tuning. I don't think he wanted me to take that motor to vegas because he through #6 out the block. Hopefully we can get it back together in time for Vegas?:nono:

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
MK3Brent;1078472 said:
Whatever... arguing over 10 second runs when Tony has been there for the last 2 years... :rofl:

That's all I meant. :)

Finally stopped messing around and went auto.

10 second runs, shit man that is old school, if you are in the 10's this year you are in the loser circle! hahahahaha :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Who is arguing about 10 second runs? Tony squeaked in the 9's last year. I thought it was obvious that we are speaking of 9's. None of the MKIII smack down guys are planning on running 10's.

Duane

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Oh $#!T this is going to be fun!

I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Remember... if anyone can top Tony's HP # from 2005 they will go onto the perpetual plaque - http://vegas.supras.org/plaque.htm

We are looking for Highest HP, Best of Show, Lowest ET, Highest MPH, and Best RT.

So get those monsters tuned perfectly and get some good practice in behind the wheel. The winner of the Smackdown is going to have to EARN it!

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Man I hope for you guys sake you can put your cars were you mouths are.

For two guys and there cars that have not even been in the 10's to talk with such certainty that 9's are a for sure thing is hilarious!:aigo:

Jeremy

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Turbo Drifter;1078523 said:

For two guys and there cars that have not even been in the 10's to talk with such certainty that 9's are a for sure thing is hilarious!:aigo:

Jeremy

Don't worry I will have some exhibition runs for you before Vegas LOL.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Turbo Drifter;1078523 said:

Jeremy

Noone will know what I ran because it will be kept secret until closer to Vegas. Heck I don't even go to my local track. ;) You know what my car ran lately Jeremy? I think not, that is what is hilarious. Not everything is what it seems...think about it.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
upgradedsupra;1078544 said:
Noone will know what I ran because it will be kept secret until closer to Vegas. Heck I don't even go to my local track. ;) You know what my car ran lately Jeremy? I think not, that is what is hilarious. Not everything is what it seems...think about it.

To be totally honest I can care less its just funny to hear all the bench racing for years and never see anything. Then to tell a guy that has a proven track record (Tony) that he is going to be the slow guy there is a bit arrogant.

I'm sure either way there will be a good show if you guys make it.

I'm also looking forward to the excuses come end of September or the first week of October.

Jeremy

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Turbo Drifter;1078578 said:
To be totally honest I can care less its just funny to hear all the bench racing for years and never see anything. Then to tell a guy that has a proven track record (Tony) that he is going to be the slow guy there is a bit arrogant.

I'm sure either way there will be a good show if you guys make it.

I'm also looking forward to the excuses come end of September or the first week of October.

Jeremy

hahahahahaha, why wait till september? Can someone please make a list that I can choose from? LOL:naughty:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Turbo Drifter;1078578 said:

Jeremy

For one, you do care otherwise you wouldn't post. :icon_razz All contenders in the this smack down event have raced so no bench racing needed. You don't even know the last time I, Jeff, Tony or Jason even raced. (no facts)

You know sarcasm? I used a smiley for a reason...:slap: Send me your address and I will send you a dictionary, no wait! I have your dad's address. :rofl:

Ninja edit: Can you get me on the list too Jeff?!

Duane

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
upgradedsupra;1078611 said:
For one, you do care otherwise you wouldn't post. :icon_razz All contenders in the this smack down event have raced so no bench racing needed. You don't even know the last time I, Jeff, Tony or Jason even raced. (no facts)

You know sarcasm? I used a smiley for a reason...:slap: Send me your address and I will send you a dictionary, no wait! I have your dad's address. :rofl:

Ninja edit: Can you get me on the list too Jeff?!

Duane

What are you talking about fool, you are the creator of the list. I think you have used every excuse out there known to all drag racers. LOL!!:evil2::evil2::evil2::evil2:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
jawsgear;1078691 said:
What are you talking about fool, you are the creator of the list. I think you have used every excuse out there known to all drag racers. LOL!!:evil2::evil2::evil2::evil2:

I have no excuse. I will be there in Vegas and ready to go.

That list was for the slower guys which is why you knew about it Jeff. Maybe ask Jeremy for the official list. :evil2:

azsuprasm

Apr 4, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Since this thread obviously has a few gamblers present,
might I remind everyone about two things:

-SILV this year is going to be something very special! The organizers have gone out of their way to take the event to a
higher level while at the same time keeping the "everybody knows your name...or car, or moniker"
feel & cameraderie that previous SILV's have enjoyed.

...now it's YOUR turn! RSVP today at http://vegas.supras.org/v08
and then PRE-REGISTER! Other than the drags, you'll be able to pre-pay
(at a DISCOUNTED RATE) for all of the events in which you'll participate.
...AND you can pay with a credit card!:icon_razz

-Secondly, do not forget about our 4th Annual SILV Poker Tournament!
Our reigning champ Greg Altig will be...GET THIS...Flying home to MD from his job in Saudi Arabia,
and then hopping in his MkIII (or MkII, he hasn't decided yet) with the lovely Chrissy and DRIVING TO VEGAS!!

You have to either be impressed by this or it may make you feel like playing in the tournament just to beat his sorry A$$
(this coming from a mildly disgruntled 2nd place finisher & current SILV Poker Tournament Coordinator). :rant2:

The time is quickly approaching (<80 days till SILV) where advance on-line payments will have to be cut-off,
and with a limited number of seats in the tournament this year (50 MAX), once the seats start to go, they'll go FAST.

Guarantee your spot by pre-registering for SILV '08, and be sure to let us know if you'd like to add a guest to the tourney
(up to 3 additional guests are allowed to play with each paid Supra registrant, even at the discounted rate!).

Register for the Show-N-Shine & the other events at this link:
http://vegas.supras.org/v08/register.asp

Register for ONLY the Poker Tournament at this link:
http://vegas.supras.org/v08/poker.asp

SO on Thursday, October 2 2008, Come early to the Dyno for the MKIII SMACKDOWN,
head to the Luxor that night for the Poker-version!

Duane, Tony & all you high-HP 7M guys: You may beat me on asphalt,
but on felt, you're all Donkeys to me.
:icon_bigg

See y'all at SILV!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
azsuprasm;1078840 said:
Since this thread obviously has a few gamblers present,
might I remind everyone about two things:

-SILV this year is going to be something very special! The organizers have gone out of their way to take the event to a
higher level while at the same time keeping the "everybody knows your name...or car, or moniker"
feel & cameraderie that previous SILV's have enjoyed.

...now it's YOUR turn! RSVP today at http://vegas.supras.org/v08
and then PRE-REGISTER! Other than the drags, you'll be able to pre-pay
(at a DISCOUNTED RATE) for all of the events in which you'll participate.
...AND you can pay with a credit card!:icon_razz

-Secondly, do not forget about our 4th Annual SILV Poker Tournament!
Our reigning champ Greg Altig will be...GET THIS...Flying home to MD from his job in Saudi Arabia,
and then hopping in his MkIII (or MkII, he hasn't decided yet) with the lovely Chrissy and DRIVING TO VEGAS!!

You have to either be impressed by this or it may make you feel like playing in the tournament just to beat his sorry A$$
(this coming from a mildly disgruntled 2nd place finisher & current SILV Poker Tournament Coordinator). :rant2:

The time is quickly approaching (<80 days till SILV) where advance on-line payments will have to be cut-off,
and with a limited number of seats in the tournament this year (50 MAX), once the seats start to go, they'll go FAST.

Guarantee your spot by pre-registering for SILV '08, and be sure to let us know if you'd like to add a guest to the tourney
(up to 3 additional guests are allowed to play with each paid Supra registrant, even at the discounted rate!).

Register for the Show-N-Shine & the other events at this link:
http://vegas.supras.org/v08/register.asp

Register for ONLY the Poker Tournament at this link:
http://vegas.supras.org/v08/poker.asp

SO on Thursday, October 2 2008, Come early to the Dyno for the MKIII SMACKDOWN,
head to the Luxor that night for the Poker-version!

Duane, Tony & all you high-HP 7M guys: You may beat me on asphalt,
but on felt, you're all Donkeys to me
:icon_bigg

See y'all at SILV!

lol, bring it on!! :biglaugh:

group a supra;1079060 said:
duane im still trying to talk kate into it ;)

:)