mkiii blower sux?

supraman72

Ballin out of control
Dec 28, 2009
Franklin
Our cars have the worst ac blower power out the vents ever, has anyone done something about this to actually feel the air coming towards them? If so please post for us to mod our weak systems

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
Can't say I've ever had a problem. Actually, mine works really well. Sounds to me like something is not right with your system. Could be something blocking the air flow in the vents.

supraman72

Ballin out of control
Dec 28, 2009
Franklin
Anth505;1479207 said:
Can't say I've ever had a problem. Actually, mine works really well. Sounds to me like something is not right with your system. Could be something blocking the air flow in the vents.

Yeah its probly full of dust from 20 years of use, i probly need to take out the blower and clean the blades or something

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
could be the foam on the ports that connect everywhere have deteriorated and just blowing the air into the dash. pulling the dash is a bitch too.

does lo, med, hi all blow the same?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
cabin air filters weren't used until late 90's early 00's(my guess is around 01-02)iirc. our cars don't have them so its not a possibility.

supraman72

Ballin out of control
Dec 28, 2009
Franklin
hvyman;1479215 said:
could be the foam on the ports that connect everywhere have deteriorated and just blowing the air into the dash. pulling the dash is a bitch too.

does lo, med, hi all blow the same?

yeah the lo med and hi work but it is probly just the little foam insulation that help seal the duct work under the dash, gettin in there is a pain i could rig it all with duct tape to help seal that would probly help but is probly not worth pulling all that stuff out for weak air

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
I left the electric unplugged in the engine area by mistake once and it blew like crazy but out nowhere. Are your vent's moving when you adjust for the face, defrost etc ? You should hear them moving.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
yz-125;1479829 said:
my blower is slow too... fast for the sup is like medium on newer cars

your not going fast enough!

i've noticed the max setting isnt the strongest either, but its sufficient for the smallish cabin the supra has to cool.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Expecting something that's 20 years old to work like it's brand new = epic fail

Seals are going to be leaking, the blower is gonna be dirty, the motor will be tired, and the wiring may be shot...