mkiii 2jzgte heater core hoses?

bigshooter44

Feb 22, 2012
new york
im nearing the end of my swap and one of the last things i have to figure out is the heater core hoses. the stock 7m hose fits the head but i need the one that connects from the coolant rail, wraps around the engine, and into the fire wall. my research has givin me no anwsers :nono:

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
I used a plastic plumbing hose adapter fitting. I just cut one of my 7MGTE heater hoses and used a 90 degree hose adapter to make it work. I had to stretch it by heating up the rubber but it should work in my opinion.

bigshooter44

Feb 22, 2012
new york
what hose did you use the plastic adaptor on? my 7m connects to a rail behind the engine so i cant use that hose. and if i cant get a part number i may have to resort to the auto zone fools..

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
The heater core hose. I think I used a 90 degree elbow on both hoses. I used my 7MGTE heater core hoses on my 2JZGTE engine. It's simple man. Just get the correct size hose first. Enough of it to join the connections. Then if you get kinks in the heater hose when trying to join the connection then cut it in the spot where a 90 degree elbow would fix the kink. Just use a barbed fitting like a hose fitting that a plumber would have. Also auto stores will have a wide variety of shapes and sizes of heater hose. Stuff with bends in it already. Maybe make a template out of a coat hanger or something and bring it into the auto store to find a hose that will work. Or take a picture and show them. I'm sorry but this seems like such a simple problem to me because I am a plumber so joining 2 pipes together is a breeze.

Mr Bojangles

Feb 9, 2009
Madison, WI
Are you talking about this one?

IMG_20130304_225156_zps20673389.jpg

If so, just get rid of that silly metal pipe and get some regular hose and some heat shielding since it's right where your DP will be and the job is done.

For the other side, I just went to the parts store and asked them to let me go look at their hose rack and I found one that I was able to make work since I removed the stock oil cooler, it's pretty simple stuff to do.

IMG_20130304_225140_zps76d160c1.jpg

bigshooter44

Feb 22, 2012
new york
i was trying to make as few connections as possible so i was wondering if they made one that was a direct drop in and i think i found one that is close! i'll know for sure when i get my engine back in and il be shure to put some pictures up. but Mr. Bojangles, you reversed the flow correct? the stock 7m upper hose fits perfectly from the head too the valve that you showed. this is the hose that i picked up part number 303796 looks like it will almost make it all the way across with a little chopping 2013-03-09_11-24-04_773.jpg

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
bigshooter44;1921165 said:
i was trying to make as few connections as possible so i was wondering if they made one that was a direct drop in and i think i found one that is close! i'll know for sure when i get my engine back in and il be shure to put some pictures up. but Mr. Bojangles, you reversed the flow correct? the stock 7m upper hose fits perfectly from the head too the valve that you showed. this is the hose that i picked up part number 303796 looks like it will almost make it all the way across with a little chopping View attachment 65337

i'm confused... why are you trying to go from the driver side heater core port to the passenger side of the engine? did i miss something?