mk4 rad fan in mk3 ?

JZA80RR

Jan 2, 2009
norway
got a 2jzgte in my mk3 with a megan racing alu radiator
enybody modify a oem tt radiator fan and running without the clutch bit to make it fit ?

JZA80RR

Jan 2, 2009
norway
xXSupramanXx;1886311 said:
Im running an na fan and clutch with no heating issues but I trimmed the blades but I wouldn't suggest it.

enybody else running both 2jzge fan and clutch combo ?

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
I am running a hydrid set up. I have the 2jz fan clutch mated to a 7mgte blade. Modifications per Sean aka funky_monkey58. I tried to run the 2jz fan and clutch and fucked up my Moshimoto radiator. We cut out the holes on the fan clutch to make them fit the 7mgte blade pattern, then had a machine shop fabricate a small spacer. The fan blade works but we may need to move it a tad forward due to it closeness to the radiator hose. I wish I had pics but Toyotanos has the beast right now.

I found this short video on photobucket. This is with my old 7MGTE blade, which was not straigth. Since then we added the spacer.

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/truaxmotorsports/?action=view&current=radiator003.mp4

Last edited:

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
It has been several years since we did this. I had tried several different combinations. I am pretty sure we tried all 2jzgte stuff to begin with. I was very concerned due to the lack of clearance. Really chopped up the back side of the radiator. The only good news was that Moshimoto has a 100% no questions asked return policy.