Mk3 vs Integra Type R.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
tturnpaw said:
Well dont say they cost 6k then without backing by research. Umm, I posted a fucking link to a site where a k20 swap was $6000. You criticized me for it, and EVENTUALLY posted a link finding one for a whole $1400 less. Good job, you're a fucking genius, you can search ebay. Im kind of irritated i have to do this alone. Then don't do it at all if you can't handle it. I bring something to the table and get flamed for it. I've TRIED being nice about this, but when you're knocking on not only me, but a friend of mine, hiding behind facts that aren't even relevant, well you can just shut the hell up, because I don't want to hear it. The only reason i stated a diesel was for overheating turbo facts. Sure diesels are a completely different design. I'll save myself the trouble of doing commenting on this, I think the emphasis says enough. Have you had one apart to look at the coolant passages? SAME as a gas engine. So they truly are compareable other than the way they fire. Diesels do run off of heat, but that has nothing to do with cooling. In fact, its even amazing they cool as well as they do with such high stress. Also, look it up if youre going to argue...i do know for a fact powerstrokes run 32-38psi. Chevs are in the 30s, and Cummins are around 28-35psi. Once again, look it up. Im really getting tired of having to explain every damn thing, you should at least get a feel for what im getting at. Oh and by the way, so you dont call b/s on me...it was a 97 chev diesel engine i worked on, the same one i have a turbo laying around im considering putting on my 7m. But again, if youre going to argue, at least know what your talking about (especially k20s cause im not even a honda guy)
I was wrong about the pressure, and for that I apologize, but we aren't talking diesels, we're talking gasoline engines. Diesels are made specifically to handle that pressure, gasoline engines, at least without a lot of work geared towards that area, are not. Which further proves a point, sure you can build an engine to handle boost without overheating, but with a stock intercooler, oil cooler, and radiator, let's see you run your supra in an endurance race. Seriously, let me know how well that goes.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
You should come over to Japan man. They run Turbo cars all the time in Endurance races here. Be it a Supra, Evolution, WRX STi, Skyline GT-R's.. The list goes on...

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
what racing series are you referring too... I never disagreed and said that it wasnt possible for them to run long endurance races they just need some mods first. And if your referring to the N1 series of course they will all have giant inter coolers and oil coolers. Anyways we have been talking about STOCK vehicles this whole time that is the point im trying to get across.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
RHDMK3 said:
You should come over to Japan man. They run Turbo cars all the time in Endurance races here. Be it a Supra, Evolution, WRX STi, Skyline GT-R's.. The list goes on...
Which is fine, and I don't doubt, but they probably have aftermarket inter coolers, oil coolers, etc. I know for a fact that if I were to run the shit out of my supra as is right now for an hour it would overheat.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
ret said:
Which is fine, and I don't doubt, but they probably have aftermarket inter coolers, oil coolers, etc. I know for a fact that if I were to run the shit out of my supra as is right now for an hour it would overheat.

Yeah, your right. They aren't running stock anything really. But neither are the Honda guys that race ( professionally) either. Your car overheats? You should have your car looked at. It shouldn't do that after just an hour.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
i didnt even know that many boosted ferarris...what year(s)? oh and about the diesels, look at one for yourself. If you dont start comparing the obvious, then you truly have no interest in learning.

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
The itr was made for the track though right? So how can you say a grandtouring car is worse(supra) for the track when the itr was built for the track, not the supra. I just do not get it. Please do not take this as I am trying to start shit as I am not a ethug, I just do not understand the reasoning as we are comparing apples to oranges.

Jon

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
Stop flaming worthless shit in my thread. Keep it clean and constructive.

The ITR was built to be a track car I believe. But so was the Turbo A supra right?...

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
diesels can boost more because the ignition is different, where a diesel detenates the fuel to have a power stroke, so more boost = more advance the timming gets.

and gas cars end up with crappy fuel that pings and ignites and lower temps,

only bad thing about most turbo design cars, is it's a boosted n/a , their fore week rods's and bottom end design in most cases,

btw through the 80's and earily 90's almost all f-1 car's where small displacement multi-cylinder turbo cars. like 3.4L v8's or 6L v12's some where around those lines. some where even 4 banger's.

they ran upwards of 30-40 pounds of boost. and used race fuel mixed with turlene (sp?) basicaly paint thinner to get the fuel to do what the wanted.

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
JoeC said:
Stop flaming worthless shit in my thread. Keep it clean and constructive.

The ITR was built to be a track car I believe. But so was the Turbo A supra right?...

As far as the turbo A supra goes i have no clue seeing as i am not a Toyota guru. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on that will poke there head in to say high. In regards to the ITR, yes it was built with track racing in mind, but so was the NSX and S2000. The civic si's and RSX's were not built with that in mind. They were just intended to be a sportier version of the base models with all the options. But in grand am racing the RSX's and the new si has had a lot of luck because teams such as realtime/hart have built/ designed the cars well. I agree that this shouldn't be a flame thread and that is partially my fault cause ever since i stuck my head in here it has been ever since and i apologize fir that. To the OP nice kill. I wish i could beat a supra but thats just not gonna happen, and i understand that so i just don't try. Anyways if there are any valid debatable points im all for the argument.

Frator

Jan 24, 2007
Lynchburg
tturnpaw said:
everything i have been argueing with is facts. and im going to add that none of this started from me.

The only thing that you said that didn't seem right to me until i researched it was about the diesel engines. And why do you think anyone is blaming you and you only. Everyone that has participated in this thread has had something to do with the flaming, no one is innocent and don't try to play it off like your not. Cause you are just as guilty as I, and the guy who just blatantly said "HONDA SUCKS".... There really isn't anything else to debate. Each side has mad its valid points and from this point on it is a matter of opinion and personal taste. And we all obviously know who stands where.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Frator said:
The only thing that you said that didn't seem right to me until i researched it was about the diesel engines. And why do you think anyone is blaming you and you only. Everyone that has participated in this thread has had something to do with the flaming, no one is innocent and don't try to play it off like your not. Cause you are just as guilty as I, and the guy who just blatantly said "HONDA SUCKS".... There really isn't anything else to debate. Each side has mad its valid points and from this point on it is a matter of opinion and personal taste. And we all obviously know who stands where.

youre right, but honestly, ive been trying to figure out why youre here, and still no idea....you have made no point other than you like your car. I am done nonetheless. If you care, im not strictly into Toyotas or anything else for that matter. Take a look at my pic gallery.

Last edited by a moderator: