MK3 vs 600cc Ninja

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
So I was out of town for work a few months back and I was driving home for the weekend. Well I'm on the interstate out in the middle of nowhere, I'm driving along around 70mph when a crotch rocket comes flying up behind me. I'm bored b/c I've been driving for the past 2.5 hours and I'm only halfway home. So I downshift and quickly catch up to him, as apparantly he's only cruising 90mph. He looks over and floors it without downshifting. At this point I don't know what kind of bike it is so I downshift and quickly reel him in. He looks a little surprised, so he downshifts and floors it again. We come up on a couple cars so we slow down until we pass. Soon as they are out of the way we both downshift and floor it. We're even until about 110, after that I pull away from him pretty quick. A couple more cars in the way, by this time it's apparent I've got his interest peaked because he won't drive around the cars blocking us. The set of cars finally clear, by this time I'm feeling pretty confident so I don't even downshift. Pretty much the same results, I start to pull him around 110. Just for fun I keep it floored until I hit 140 at which point he's pretty far behind me. I think he gave up, so I slow down until he catches up. We got at it a few more times after clearing some more traffic. The last time we run before traffic I just hold even with him so I can get a good look at what he's running. It appeared to be a late model Ninja 600cc. Anyway, we come up on some more traffic, this time he zooms in between the cars and by the time I clear the long line of traffic he's long gone. I was kind of glad to stop racing at this point. We'd driven about 80 miles at excessive speed and my gas tank was getting low, lol. It was nice to cut about an hour off my travel time though :)

This is the 2nd 600cc bike I've raced with pretty much the same results. Lesson learned: 600cc crotch rockets aren't that fast. I'm still waiting to get slaughtered by a 1000cc :)

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
hmm that 57trim is lookin' very tempting to me after this story...too bad the only biker friend I have has an R1. Good Kill!

P

Pokey

have you ever taken your car to the strip? i wonder what it runs, and nice kill

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Yes the old school 598cc (claimed 600cc) bikes aren't sh!t on the highway. Most are aerodynamic pigs above 130mph.

From a dead stop, unless your car is a 12 second motha, don't think about it.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Never taken it to a strip, but before my VPC, DDP and tire size upgrade I raced and beat a SRT4 that said he runs consistent 13.0's. So my guess is I'm in the 12's somewhere.