Mk3 Supra SMOKED brand new RX-8

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
My old mk3 currently owned by my buddy(arashi on the board) stomped a fresh off the lot rx8 last night! So here is how it went down guys.

Some local rednecks pulled into a parking lot next door and were rev happy in their trucks and then a car of interest pulls up. A 6-speed rx8. Arashi hops in the supra and peels down the street to let them hear a real beast(up graded mandrel bent 3inch all the way back.) So the girlfriend of the rx8 calls the old supra a piece of shit. Now I was personally offended as this was my old supra lol. Well that rx8 pulls out, leads my buddy to the interstate and guns it WOT. ALL I have to say is never underestimate a Supra xD. My buddy guns it and blows past them at full boost like they were driving a chevy cavalier lol.

Upgrades to supra include before mentioned exhaust, 3in IC and piping and a rebuilt head on stock hg with arp studs. Oh and of course that all important cone filter that adds 50 hp lmao. Can't wait to get it back off him and see how it feels once I crank the power up to 350+!

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
nice man way to rep the old school jdm and also the rx8 was never that impresive stock all you can do is rev the shit out of them hahahahha they have a weak torque band and with out bpu they are like a caviler lol good job showing them that looks are deceiving

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Uh? How old are you? I remember when I was 16. RX-8's are not made for speed, along with the S2000's. There good handling cars, The Supra can't do what those cars can, and vice versa. I hate posts like this.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I love when people underestimate a Supra... but I agree, the RX8 driver was retarded in picking the venue that highly favors the Supra. :nono:

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Mazdas are always killers in the handling department above all else. They went too far with the weak engine in the RX8 though. If they weren't going to offer forced induction they should have at least made it a 3 rotor (or 4) so it had some decent power.

Still, I hate people who get cocky about their new car without knowing where it resides in the food chain. They deserve to get stomped.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SupraSean;1782352 said:
I Mean jeez,, everyone knows that supra's are only good on highways...lol
Not saying that our cars are ONLY good on highways... honesty, mine is better below 3rd gear than above it. Feels so anemic in 3rd or higher most days, thank you stock turbos...

destrux;1782433 said:
Mazdas are always killers in the handling department above all else. They went too far with the weak engine in the RX8 though. If they weren't going to offer forced induction they should have at least made it a 3 rotor (or 4) so it had some decent power.

Still, I hate people who get cocky about their new car without knowing where it resides in the food chain. They deserve to get stomped.
I agree, which is exactly why I love new muscle cars around here. Everyone thinks they're hot shit, but at 6600', without some form of boost, you're just 'meh' at best.