Mk3 on the road coruse.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Hey all been saying for some time that mk3s are great on the road course when set up nice or just in the hands of a good driver. (me...lol) But Here are some pics from my latiest event. I do drive my car to the track and about 3days outta the wk every wk rain snow whatever bec thats what they were made for. Here are some pics ask questions about the car or me if ya wanna. Currently trans is broken w58 ftw but Will be up and running again in about a wk if not sooner.

Braking harrrrd with the azp kit. Thank you andy.

Hit that apex!

And Lets get some air.

I got more but they are big.

suprarick

May 3, 2007
Texas
are mkiii's good at the road course? I thought they were a bit heavy? Then again, I guess it depends on wether or not the car is classed or not. Does it run or compete well with other cars in it's class?

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
It's not so much the weight, it's easy to reduce, it's the steering angle. I was curious how he did without coilovers I think I asked him on SF. People with modified knuckles and a different steering rack were quite successful. Infact one member on here placed 1st in his class.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Steering lock isn't an issue on the road course, only in drifting :)

They're fat cars, but they have good suspensions and room for quite a lot of tire so it helps immensely. It's not on par with something like a Miata, but that's in a totally different class...