mk3 newb with plans in action

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
UPDATE: some older pics added.

Hey, I'm Russell.

I got two mk3s some 4 weeks ago and I am well on my way (at least i think).

I am scrapping the 1987 and using it for parts and what not.

Then keeping my 1990 for pleasure. I have a new motor getting preped to put in soon. A 20g mitsu turbo, hks dp, hks mhg, arp, safc-2, aem truboost, lightened flywheel, walbro, yadda yadda... Im looking to make round about 400-450hp.

Near future updates include:new rubber, new suspension, all new gaskets, and aftermarket security (I live in toledo, so its pretty much necessary).

I also drive a 93 sc300, but thats my DD.

Sorry for the cliche intro.

Here are a few i posted on supraforums a while back. I'll get some newer ones cause these are too dark.
p1597911_1.jpg

Salt & pepper (try to ignore that pile of crap in the garage)
p1597911_2.jpg

p1597911_3.jpg

Last edited:

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
I love the SC and I was about to the point of modding that, but then i found this diamond in the ruff. I wish my sc was manual though. I have another r154 i could swap in....maybe someday.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Welcome,
Its nice to see more and more ohio owners.

ModDimension, I'm thinking he's talking about the Greddy 20g, its a bolt on which is always badass in my book :)

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
haha. yeah, just the turbo. no mitsu engine. i dont think i could possibly deface a toyota like that.
Im pretty excited. a lot of my parts are coming in and now i just have to put them all together.

And living in ohio for the past 6ish years, i don't think i have seen a single supra...mk3 or mk4. its kind of disappointing. but i will be original!!

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
UT93sc300;1599587 said:
haha. yeah, just the turbo. no mitsu engine. i dont think i could possibly deface a toyota like that.
Im pretty excited. a lot of my parts are coming in and now i just have to put them all together.

And living in ohio for the past 6ish years, i don't think i have seen a single supra...mk3 or mk4. its kind of disappointing. but i will be original!!
Welcome! I used to live in both Dayton and Cincinnati a little over a year ago and drove mine around. Join Ohiosupras.org if you want to meet other ohio supra owners. I accidentally went to one of their meets and got hooked on the Supra from then on and have owned two MKIII's.

iceman

May 11, 2010
columbus ohio
welcome,nice black supra hopefully i will get mine painted black. here in columbus i know four mk3 owners, but i know we got more than that.

p1600288_1.jpg

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
kneedragger85;1599860 said:
Welcome! I used to live in both Dayton and Cincinnati a little over a year ago and drove mine around. Join Ohiosupras.org if you want to meet other ohio supra owners. I accidentally went to one of their meets and got hooked on the Supra from then on and have owned two MKIII's.

Thanks. I have been trying to be a member at ohiosupras.org, but I'm still waiting for an admin to clear me...and its been about 3 weeks.

I have a lot of supra parts now (parts from the 87) that i may either sell or use to build. So if you are looking for something, I may be willing to sell it.

ModDimension

Jul 26, 2010
Chico, CA
www.moddimension.com
carter;1599273 said:
Welcome,
ModDimension, I'm thinking he's talking about the Greddy 20g, its a bolt on which is always badass in my book :)

UT93sc300;1599587 said:

Ah ok, I didn't think so... but I have seen some crazy swaps before... someone put a 4G63 into a Porsche 911 for instance! I have the article in one of my magazines.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
ModDimension;1601044 said:
Ah ok, I didn't think so... but I have seen some crazy swaps before... someone put a 4G63 into a Porsche 911 for instance! I have the article in one of my magazines.

My friend was telling me at the dsm shoot out there was a mk3 with a 4g63... thats cool an all but I'd rather have a toyota motor in a toyota. But UT93sc300 you should deff take me for a ride in the supra once you get the 20g on, I was actually gonna buy a 20g for mine. But I had an HKS Sports Turbo earlier this year and if it didn't off itself... I think i would have still had it.

Gotta love rare bolt on turbos lol

UT93sc300

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio (Tol/Cle)
If/when i find time to get this thing working. Engineering consumes my life.
I still have a lot to do, i.e...get head and block decked, get new intercooler and pipes, high flow cat(stupid emissions) with 3" cat back, tires, and possible a fpr. I'm still not sure if i need the fpr. I guess i'll have to see when i get it running.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
UT93sc300;1601155 said:
If/when i find time to get this thing working. Engineering consumes my life.
I still have a lot to do, i.e...get head and block decked, get new intercooler and pipes, high flow cat(stupid emissions) with 3" cat back, tires, and possible a fpr. I'm still not sure if i need the fpr. I guess i'll have to see when i get it running.
When did Ohio reinstate e-check? I've been gone for just over a year and they got rid e-check a few years ago because it was costing the state too much money.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
ModDimension;1602147 said:
still better then cali... damn smog nazi's

lol true...but its actually pretty easy to drive around with modded supra just do the speed limit and dont drive like a jackass and your good...theres way more chp and cops than there are cars out here...and some counties out here have no smog so if you really wanted 2 beat the smog just use someones address in 1 of those non smog counties...