mk3 in the UNC

champscl

Aug 23, 2008
North Carolina
Hello everyone finally got admitted Ive been trying to get registered for a bit so Im excited to post my intro.

I had the luck a couple of weeks ago to run into a guy getting rid of a project supra '89 MKIII that he started and couldnt finish (thanks by the way Andrew good luck brother). Well the good is that I only paid 400.00 bucks for the car but the bad is its in a million different pieces and no head its cracked. My puzzle has started and I would very greatly appreciate the experience from all here to help me finish. I'm hopeing that within a year I can get it running and a possible mild 400+ hp daily driver. The body is in pretty good shape except for two spots, in the engine bay were the battery sat I think the battery exploded or something because the rust is pretty bad all the way down to the lower radiator support its gonna have to be cut out and something fabbed back in and the trunk lid under the center spoiler support. The trunk is no issue but the lower support in the front worries me. Ill post up some pics today as soon as I can get a chance to take them.

thanks

champscl

Those are some high aspirations =) I wish I had 400 hp... I also bought my first Supra for $400 and live in NC. Do you go to UNC charlotte or chapel hill? I'm up at NC State this year and should be bringing my 89 turbo back with me next time I visit home. If you're at chapel hill it's close enough that if you need some help I could make a trip there.

champscl

Aug 23, 2008
North Carolina
Thanks fellas Im actually north of chapel hill about 20 minutes towards greensboro I will definately keep you guys in mind Im gonna need the help for sure. good to no theres a few supra folks around