MK3 Drag Racing at TX2K9

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
i'd love to bring my 2jz mk3 down and was thinking about it... But I don't quite trust it yet, I have some misc powersteering leaks that I can't track down... I think it's the pump... Fing powersteering... Leaking on my 7m, 1jz, and now 2jz.

I've replaced ALL the lines 3 times, the whole rack, and had 3 pumps... I don't get it. I also think my front main needs to be replaced. But other then that, she's a go, just finished putting back in the trans tonight... If I get a few people to drive with me, I'd take my JDM mk4 down.

I'm thinking of flying down since I"ve never been to a big supra meet yet in all my 9 years of membership !

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Eric, I went last year and had a great time even with blowing my motor up. You should really try and go. I'm going to be driving out again so I can't wait.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Doward;1219384 said:
Driving out, eh?

I might have to see if I actually get my car together in time, lol.

Are you originally from Canada.............:biglaugh:

I wish more guys from Florida and Alabama would go. I know it's a long trip, but Justin (Tissimo) made it last year. We had a good convoy of southerners and it made the long trip actually fun.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't want to be embarassing the MKIII's while trying to race 1200rwhp'd MKIV's.
If I can race and run 12's without making us look bad then put me down.

2jzmk3

count me in, class 3... on another note, doing the texas mile, i hope i can do at least 200mph

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
gnarkill87;1219550 said:
I would love to go but i dont think ill be able to afford all that gas:cry:

If gas prices stay about $2 a gallon for 93, how much do you think it would cost to get to Houston and back? $200? You should def try and make it. I think we are going to have a record setting MK3 Drag Racing event!

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
frontierguy25;1219797 said:
If gas prices stay about $2 a gallon for 93, how much do you think it would cost to get to Houston and back? $200? You should def try and make it. I think we are going to have a record setting MK3 Drag Racing event!

not sure how many miles it is but yeah prob 200-250$, and iam sure the event cost something and then a motel room and food it all adds up quick and well iam a student lol so not only do i not have the money, id have to skip a day or so of school towards the end of the semester. ill go one of these years! just not this one.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
OUCH Duane.................no more chocolates for you!!!!

I don't disagree with you, but do we really have to keep bringing it up...............:cry:

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
suprahero;1221757 said:
OUCH Dewayne.................no more chocolates for you!!!!

I don't disagree with you, but do we really have to keep bringing it up...............:cry:

You didn't bake them. :biglaugh:... and you're right, I have no more left. All 16 have been gobbled up within a day and a 1/2. :D

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
What do you guys think about allowing SC's with 1J or 1.5J engines to run with us? I think that it will add some more cars to the classes and have more fun with more cars running?