mk3 4 a first car

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
RazoE;1731615 said:
Yes MKIII's make good first cars, but never a turbo with 400 hp. No turbo car, especially one with 400 hp makes a good first car.

You need a non turbo, hopefully automatic for a first car, then you can learn to swap parts and EARN your horsepower. This car can spin tires and spin out (ask me how I know), even stock and beaten to death with over a quarter million miles.
Even after having my 89 for 5 years, and having it turbo for the past 3, I'm still not 100% confident in driving her hard because I have no idea when the rear end may come loose, even though I just swapped in a TT-R differential..

You are probably very young and inexperienced. Trust me on this.

Couldn't have said it any better!! I would drive around my sisters 87 mt na and it would spin out. First car I bought was a red 90 targa AT NA. Mint... bought it of an 40 yr old lady who was selling it to buy an Yaris. All of it was highway miles. I used to miss that car until i got << running... :) still miss it sometimes though. lol

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Just alittle back ground on what happened to my first supra.

I was sitting at a stop light behind a range rover and a silverado rear ended me shoved me under the range rover

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
supra1008;1762561 said:
Couldn't have said it any better!! I would drive around my sisters 87 mt na and it would spin out. First car I bought was a red 90 targa AT NA. Mint... bought it of an 40 yr old lady who was selling it to buy an Yaris. All of it was highway miles. I used to miss that car until i got << running... :) still miss it sometimes though. lol

well i bought an eclipse and about to buy a 90 At NA and put in storage then take her out when i move out and get a house. And take her out if i just wanna cruise :)

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Turbo Habanero;1762572 said:

I was sitting at a stop light behind a range rover and a silverado rear ended me shoved me under the range rover

i bet u were pissed what happend was the silverado txting?

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

Turbo Habanero;1762572 said:

And remember that 90 Na i just bought it. My parents knew i loverd supras and they are very rare that they are for sale and in that good of condition so HELL YA! :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supra1008;1762561 said:
First car I bought was a red 90 targa AT NA. Mint... bought it of an 40 yr old lady who was selling it to buy an Yaris.

That's sad to hear. Even if you drive a LOT for work, the car payment on a Yaris (not to mention extra insurance) would go a long way toward the extra gas a Mk3 would use. Oh well, one person's desire to trade old for new (not 'up') is another person's treasure. :)