mk3 4 a first car

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Photobucket.com or any photo sharing website if you have a Droid phone you can get a Photobucket app and download pics straight to your account

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
Bad idea for a first car.
You want a good first car? Get an early '90s ford f-150. Cheap to buy, cheap to insure, cheap to maintain. Find a manual tranny f-150 that hasn't been run to death, don't beat on it hard, and it will last you for years.
I don't mean any disrespect, but if you aren't an experienced driver, I personally believe that you really want a light truck, not a car. Why? because a truck will protect you in an accident far better than any car. In a truck, you will be above the damage in most accidents.

I don't care how much time you have spent driving mom/dad/friend's vehicle. Until you own your vehicle and have been driving it daily for several years, a truck is what you want.

Nothing I have said here is based on your ability to handle the vehicle; the experience I am referring to is to ability to foresee and avoid a wreck. We can't control other people's actions or abilities, so we have to learn to account for them. It is much safer to learn those skills in a sturdy truck rather than a lowered car.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
SupraSean;1762333 said:
idk if anybody else see's it but 400hp out of a hks sport exhaust? if its aftermarket at all

I'm lost Sean what are you seeing that i'm not?

EDIT

Sean that's not the car he was talking about in the very first post this is something else he found. i think its a 90 AUTO N/A

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
Turbo Habanero;1762388 said:
I'm lost Sean what are you seeing that i'm not?

EDIT

Sean that's not the car he was talking about in the very first post this is something else he found. i think its a 90 AUTO N/A

yes sir. i DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT:( but i talked to the owner and he said if i give him 1000 deposit its mine so hope its still for sale in November

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
flight doc89;1762289 said:
Bad idea for a first car.
You want a good first car? Get an early '90s ford f-150. Cheap to buy, cheap to insure, cheap to maintain. Find a manual tranny f-150 that hasn't been run to death, don't beat on it hard, and it will last you for years.
I don't mean any disrespect, but if you aren't an experienced driver, I personally believe that you really want a light truck, not a car. Why? because a truck will protect you in an accident far better than any car. In a truck, you will be above the damage in most accidents.

I don't care how much time you have spent driving mom/dad/friend's vehicle. Until you own your vehicle and have been driving it daily for several years, a truck is what you want.

Nothing I have said here is based on your ability to handle the vehicle; the experience I am referring to is to ability to foresee and avoid a wreck. We can't control other people's actions or abilities, so we have to learn to account for them. It is much safer to learn those skills in a sturdy truck rather than a lowered car.

ya i already bought a 3g eclipse but thats good advice though thanks

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Turbo Habanero;1762439 said:
how much does he want total?

2500 rebuilt engine

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
not terrible.

I bought my first supra when i was 16 for $1400 it was a white auto N/A. Very clean too.

Ah here it is. I keep everything on youtube lol
[video=youtube;rnMbkC6-420]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnMbkC6-420[/video]

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
SupraSean;1762333 said:
idk if anybody else see's it but 400hp out of a hks sport exhaust? if its aftermarket at all

Random?

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

that is one clean SOB i never really liked those tailights though do U?

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
sounds good too

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Turbo Habanero;1762447 said:
No he thought that the pictures you posted were pictures of the 400hp supra you first talked about when you made this thread.

HAHA i got u at first i was like WHAT?

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

was it a good amount of power when you were 16

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Yeah it had a good amount of power still nothing compared to the supra i have now.

But just be responsible and learn how to drive it on a track not the street. that was my first mistake

supra17

Mar 10, 2008
Palm Bay, FL
I had a 89 turbo Auto targa top for my first car. Headgaskets blew 3 days later. My dad and I then rebuilt it and had the head machined. While I was at I did a DP and intercooler and a boost controller, that car taught me everything I know about cars today. They are amazing as first cars. I would say a turbo 7m is fine as long as it's fairly stock its not too much power. Just be respectful haha cause I look back and I wasnt and the car ended up barely being able to drive into the trade in lot...

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
supra17;1762460 said:
I had a 89 turbo Auto targa top for my first car. Headgaskets blew 3 days later. My dad and I then rebuilt it and had the head machined. While I was at I did a DP and intercooler and a boost controller, that car taught me everything I know about cars today. They are amazing as first cars. I would say a turbo 7m is fine as long as it's fairly stock its not too much power. Just be respectful haha cause I look back and I wasnt and the car ended up barely being able to drive into the trade in lot...

ya ive been looking at turbo 7m and i think ill go with one of those cuz im guessing my eclipse can hang with a na 7m and the power in the eclipse just got really old really fast

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
an 86.5 MKIII supra was my first car i got her when i was 14 (took 2 yrs and 900 to get her running). my advise is do alot of research and save your money for anything that may go wrong with her. and keep up on maintenance. (belts, fluid, hoses, ext.) if you know nothing about working on cars then no i wouldn't recommend this car. but if you have someone who can teach you then by all means buy it! these cars are blast even the GE.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Turbo Habanero;1762452 said:
[video=youtube;v6Qkel3iifc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Qkel3iifc[/video]

thats sad.... what did he he/she hit a semi? i cant watch the vid... to painfull just to see an MKIII look like that.