Missin the old supra...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
here are a few vids of my old supra I stumbled across... I watched these a few times and just missed my supra in its entirety (sp) I just miss all the sounds it made lol...
this is just one vid when I was showing some people on a local board what my bov sounded like...
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/7M-GTE/videos/supra/?action=view&current=MVI_1830.flv

and this is when I raced a fully mugen built gsr hatch with a t3/t4 turbo and nitrous... this hatch ran a 12 flat on slicks at 25psi... he was only on, or around, 15-17psi during this race, and I was only running stock boost...
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/7M-GTE/videos/supra/?action=view&current=Picture055.flv

man I miss that thing... but I don't miss its driveability compared to my 00gsr...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
MidShipCivic said:
No such thing as a mugen built turbo civic car mugen is based in japan and hasnt made a turbo kit since the 80's.

Maybe he means Mugen internals AND a t3/t4 turbo not as in a Mugen turbo kit.

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida
high psi 1jz said:
Maybe he means Mugen internals AND a t3/t4 turbo not as in a Mugen turbo kit.

I own a Civic, I know alot about what they have to offer.

They specialize in NA performance.

That Civic has an LS motor thats boosted there's picture floating around somewhere, there's still no such thing as a mugen built motor in his car he might have a radiator cap and a thermostat from them thats hardly anything to mention.

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
MidShipCivic said:
I own a Civic, I know alot about what they have to offer.

They specialize in NA performance.

That Civic has an LS motor thats boosted there's picture floating around somewhere, there's still no such thing as a mugen built motor in his car he might have a radiator cap and a thermostat from them thats hardly anything to mention.

I could be wrong but his mugen valve cover and him stating that and everyone else that helped build the car could be wrong... he did use mugen parts and it was just a t3/t4 turbo... either way this car ran 12 flat on high boost...

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida

rsaeini

padawan
Oct 30, 2006
SoCal
i don't wanna sit hear and argue with you about this but...

Mugen doesn't make internals for turbo applications.
like MidShip already mentioned, they specialize in NA applications.
it was probably a B16A or B18B with a turbo slappped on it...nothing else.

a fully built motor with a turbo should be running quicker times. especially on slicks. the guy was probably blowing smoke up your butt.

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
rsaeini said:
i don't wanna sit hear and argue with you about this but...

Mugen doesn't make internals for turbo applications.
like MidShip already mentioned, they specialize in NA applications.
it was probably a B16A or B18B with a turbo slappped on it...nothing else.

a fully built motor with a turbo should be running quicker times. especially on slicks. the guy was probably blowing smoke up your butt.

it was an all show and go car... believe me... it may not have had mugen internals that I might be mistaken on but it was a b18 vtec with a turbo and nos... the reason it's so slow with all of that is because the whole interior was gutted and then fiberglassed to fit 4 12's and 4 10's and an amp and the nos bottle in the back... i wish I had more pics of it... maybe I can find some on this site... it could have been just a mugen valve cover... but it was a built gsr or type r motor in the car...

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
oh you can also go to 1320.com or 1320vids.com I'm not sure which one it is... but there are a few more vids of this car...

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
he doesnt all that work there now is TB and they gay lookin one w/ the shaved head and glasses

and from what ive hear is that Cy is in jail

any who would you like to buy a 89 na auto?

and i wouldve liked to seen your car and drove it:naughty:

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
MidShipCivic said:
He just has a Valve Cover.

His car bottom end is built but hes fully slow.

I just got off the phone with a buddy and I'm pretty sure his car is running 10's with his h22 now...

EDIT: and how is it slow?

Last edited: