miss fires

supra51

Apr 13, 2009
california
i have a 91 turbo supra i changed the head gasket on it cus it was over heating but nw it misfires alot when i drive it it stuters at low rpms but sounds normal at high rpms but it is still slugish regarles of the rpm it is really making me mad i changed hoses spark plugs but it remains sluggish if any one has had this problem please help

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
supra51;1333855 said:
i have a 91 turbo supra i changed the head gasket on it cus it was over heating but nw it misfires alot when i drive it it stuters at low rpms but sounds normal at high rpms but it is still slugish regarles of the rpm it is really making me mad i changed hoses spark plugs but it remains sluggish if any one has had this problem please help
Could be a lot of things, any codes? Don't think it makes a difference but you have posted in the NA section. Why did you change the HG because it was overheating? There are a lot of things that can make it overheat besides the HG, overheating can cause the HG to go though ;)

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
I had that exact problem. I f'ed up a distributor job and messed the timing up and it ran exactly like your description. Check your timing and check for codes like AJ said.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Moved to the correct section...Please pay attention to where you post.

- Check codes as previously mentioned
- Check timing...both cam and with the diagnostic block jumped
- Check the plug wires for the correct order and for resistance per the TSRM