miss fire problem

just takes time
Dec 16, 2005
n.c.
my car has began missing but still runs and performs fine. i have replaced plugs, coil packs, reset timming, and checked wires. is there something i'm missing. it sounds like i have a cam installed at idol.

also i installed a FPR. what psi should it be set at?

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
Okay
First let's hope it sounds like you have 2 cams installed. (I know you mean a performance cam.)
Second check your codes and report back your AFM electronics may be on their way out check for codes -24 and -31.

Clean your ISC/TB, replace with new gasket, seal and check valve.
If problem persists go here http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=FI&Page=16
and follow the steps in Diagnosing the problem.

and for the FPR setup, would really need to know your mods if any, Is this a cheap FPR kit if it's not aeromotive FPR then I would suggest going back to a stock FPR setup. I would set the Fuel pressure at the stock setting for now until you post more information and then somebody can tell you an ideal setting/rule of thumb formula maybe.

GL, hope some of this helps.

just takes time
Dec 16, 2005
n.c.
my car is not throwing any codes.

when i set the FPR to factory specs the car does not run good and leans out.

i have the normal bolt on upgrades stock injectors, upgraded turbo (CT-26), lexus AFM, i bypassed the J-tube, upgraded fuel pump.....ect

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
IMO you should go back with the stock AFM. Your car is leaning out because you have a 25% larger AFM, and insufficient fuel supply(stock injectors), this has been done before, but without a wideband and some good tuning I wouldn't even run my engine like that.
What kind of shape is your wiring harness in?
I would do the few things I mentioned in the above posts and see how that works out.