misfire or something else ?

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
So I've had this issue for very long time and I have checked almost everything. I did a compression test and it came out good. 150 to 155 in all cylinders. checked vacuum lines and everything looked good. I m gonna check the plugs tomorrow. My question is, what could it be ?? Coilpack ? plugs or wires or what ?? No misfire at Start up. Only when it's warm.

here is a video of the pops from the exhaust. Sorry I just realize I recorded it with my phone to close to the exhaust you can still hear the pops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_BUC5vqDtE

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
Changing plugs and wires helped me a lot. However there was still a slight miss and doing what was below helped a bit too

deabionni;1641709 said:
If you have oil in the plug galley, and your valve cover gaskets aren't leaking; your most likely culprit is the 3rd cover (or spark plug galley) gasket. Yes, that strip of metal that covers up the spark plug galley is a gasket. I believe a new cover gasket from Toyota is around $35.

Another option to fix this leak, is to remove the gasket completely; and seal up the oil passages under the 14mm hex plugs with oil drain washers. This fix will cost around $3, and leaves the spark plug galley open. Here's how to do this:

If you're removing the 3rd cover gasket completely, the four bolts (circled in yellow) that hold the 3rd cover on, seal oil passages and need a gasket to seal back up after the 3rd cover has been removed. I replaced mine with oil drain washers from NAPA. The NAPA part # is 704-1076. Just take off the cover, put washers around the bottom of the hex plugs to seal them up; and reinstall the hex plugs. You're done. No more leaks.

p1863941_1.jpg

BTW, the three bolts at the bottom of the spark plug galley with arrows pointing to them seal the coolant passages, and should not be touched.

Last edited:

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Did the Napa gasket thing and also don't have any oil in the spark plug valley at all. Gonna check my pllugs and see where that leads me.