Minivan > Daily Driver

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
So, I was driving friends home after a night hanging out in the city park. Just relaxing, we where actually discussing what villan will be next in the Dark Knight Saga.

Going southbound, in the Left hand lane, doing the speed limit (40). When I see a guy make a quick lane change into the turning lane, scared me a little so I moved over, then BAM he jeers into the Driver side fender (Duh) and basically slides down my entire car, he riped the outside of my door off, and shot the magnet on my speaker threw the door. Fucked up both my steelies (Ps hubcabs MIA).

Thankfully, No one is injured. Out of everyone in the car I'm the only one experiencing pain. Bruised shin, Wrist is trained. Nose pain/swelled eyebrow. I think my Side view mirror actually hit me in the face... Something did, and the air bag didn't deploy so..

Anyways, he tried to blame it on me, changed his story four times. The guy behind pulled over to make a statement. (He almost got hit too) the guy next to me stopped as well. The cop looked at the damage, and the tire marks, and put it plain and simple that I was in my lane. So no Ticket. Just a lot of pain, and a lot of financial issues on my mind.

The good knews he does have insurance, and I'm actually starting to think that he was under some kind of substance... they where steal dealing with him after I left. I may just pay the $5 for a case report to see, cause the amount I'm expecting to get from the insurance company isn't enough to get a new daily. On a side note, this is the second accident that I feel extremely lucky to walk away from. This is the most pain of sustained from one though.

It's been a bad summer for cars, anyways here's some pics from the scene, probably take more tomorrow at the Impound lot.

p1086347_1.jpg

p1086347_2.jpg

p1086347_3.jpg

p1086347_4.jpg

p1086347_5.jpg

p1086347_6.jpg

p1086347_7.jpg

p1086347_8.jpg

p1086347_9.jpg

p1086347_10.jpg

p1086347_11.jpg

p1086347_12.jpg

p1086347_13.jpg

p1086347_14.jpg

p1086347_15.jpg

p1086347_16.jpg

p1086347_17.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

Went to the ER, nothing appears to be totally fucked up, but as I loaf around more things start to hurt... Second accident in my lifetime that I feel really lucky to walk away form.

myothersupra

Jun 19, 2008
Greater New Orleans Area
That sux dude! Sorry to hear. Unfortunately, more things will begin to hurt as more time goes by. Glad you're basically ok and glad it wasn't your Supra although you'd probably be better off overall if it was...

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
Well at this point, the supra is probably a lot less replacable so I'm happy about that, just curious to see how the insurance company takes things. Talked to the guys agent today and seemed very cooperative/on my side so I think I might get a decent settlement out of it..

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
Anicrow;1087089 said:
Well at this point, the supra is probably a lot less replacable so I'm happy about that, just curious to see how the insurance company takes things. Talked to the guys agent today and seemed very cooperative/on my side so I think I might get a decent settlement out of it..

From the accidents I have been in that were total wrecks I have seen this. They will do market research to see what cars equipped like yours in your general area are selling for and then make adjustments based on that. In ALL my cases I have gotten much more than I thought I would.

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
Yeah, I intend on doing my own research as well incase they try to low ball me. With the swap MID-progress I can't really afford to throw another 3-5k at a new car. I really don't want/can't afford a payment, and I'm not selling the supra for nothing.

I'm going to be experiencing some "pain and suffering" if you know what I mean.

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
mkiiSupraMan18;1087618 said:
psshhh

that shit'll buff

That's what his insurance company thought, then several hours later they called back telling me that it won't and decided to give me money instead. :cry:

New TC arrives here tomorrow from Utah :evil2: Already threw my deposit on it.