Mine's Fuel Hacker

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
Hey guys I bought this Mine's Fuel Hacker the other day because i thought it was interesting and found out soon after there is close to no information about these out there. So here goes, it's a piggyback produced by mines in the mid-80's for the 7mgte and 3sgte before they figured out how to crack factory Toyota ECU's. It does a couple things, first it removes fuel cut and second it allows you to over ride the factory injectors, not just tweak the maf signal like other piggy backs and there is an option to hook an o2 sensor to show lean conditions. You can choose where the fuel over ride cuts in by using the first knob and the second knob controls how much fuel to add or remove. There is a built in MAP sensor in the unit for referencing boost pressure and the harness for this unit is completely plug and play for the early model yellow plug harness in the soarer and supra's.

The lights
Power- Shows unit has power
INJ -Shows injector pulses
FH-Shows "fuel hacking"
ADD-Shows lean condition
Max-Injectors Maxed out

The Dials
Boost-Where the Hacker kicks in
Value-How much fuel gets added or subtracted

18492793303_7ff3895d16_c.jpg

19113446345_d20f7b5c75_c.jpg

19116797621_6e07bcf152_c.jpg

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Interesting. I've never seen one of them before. Me thinks this belongs in the "rare parts" thread. I've been waiting for it to be bumped for some time with an actual item rather than a comment. Thanks for sharing hatter.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
really cool wish there was more info on this. This would have saved many north american cars from the disaster they call MAFT/S_AFC/S-AFR ect.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
I'm USAF currently stationed in Japan and i found it in a local used parts store

I did find an interesting tid-bit on Mine's website saying that in 1988 with just the fuel hacker on a otherwise stock mz20 soarer they where able to run a 13.7 in the quarter and manage a 155mph top speed in the wet.

http://www.mines-wave.com/E_09/History_E.html

Last edited:
Reactions: alcyon