Mine's ECU Help

gtepowerplant

A 1/4 pounder at a time
Jan 3, 2010
Palm Beach, FL
Last Night I posted up some turbo pics that were on a 1JZ being sold locally. Turned out they were a nice set of HKS upgrades to the stock twins. I went to pick it up tonight and the guy hands me the ECU, I flip it over and it is a MINE'S.

Is there any way to identify what I have? It has a certificate number on it, can I contact Mine's to find out what it is tuned for, etc?

Just a little added bonus with this buy from a guy who thought he had stock turbos as well :)

Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• 1jz Mines 009.JPG
    1jz Mines 009.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 17

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Wow...you are hitting gold big time man. That is also a sought after ecu with rev limit raised or removed and speed limit removed I believe.
These things alone go for around 5 bills.!
Good score man.

gtepowerplant

A 1/4 pounder at a time
Jan 3, 2010
Palm Beach, FL
I picked up the entire swap for $750, harness extended, ECU, turbos etc. guy clearly did not know what he had.

Thanks for the info.

suprastanger507mgte;1493350 said:
Wow...you are hitting gold big time man. That is also a sought after ecu with rev limit raised or removed and speed limit removed I believe.
These things alone go for around 5 bills.!
Good score man.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
gtepowerplant;1493347 said:
Last Night I posted up some turbo pics that were on a 1JZ being sold locally. Turned out they were a nice set of HKS upgrades to the stock twins. I went to pick it up tonight and the guy hands me the ECU, I flip it over and it is a MINE'S.

Is there any way to identify what I have? It has a certificate number on it, can I contact Mine's to find out what it is tuned for, etc?

Just a little added bonus with this buy from a guy who thought he had stock turbos as well :)

Thanks for the help guys.

So damn lucky! Ive been looking for one of those for months. 5 bills is pushing it, but thats easily a 600 dollar ecu right there.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
its useless to call mines about it. ive tried before

ive owned 5 mine's ecu's and one blitz. they have the records on what was done to it. but they delete them 5 years after the ecu was made.

so unless you send the ecu back to japan to have mines read it, or you know someone with an eprom reader. your SOL on knowing exactly whats done to it.

most 1J mine's are rev limiter in the 8K or higher range (if there is one at all). no limiters. better fuel and timing curves

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
Bigzavs;1493363 said:
its useless to call mines about it. ive tried before

ive owned 5 mine's ecu's and one blitz. they have the records on what was done to it. but they delete them 5 years after the ecu was made.

so unless you send the ecu back to japan to have mines read it, or you know someone with an eprom reader. your SOL on knowing exactly whats done to it.

most 1J mine's are rev limiter in the 8K or higher range (if there is one at all). no limiters. better fuel and timing curves

I've given serious thought to buying a Mine's ECU before, but is it really that good? I had no idea these were so sought after.

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
Mines/Blitz/Stealth/TechTom all do the same. They usually are tuned for BPU stuff as well. But for serious tuning, and versitility look down the road and possibly get a standalone. Getting the chip tuned for any upgrades you may install down the road is costly. A techtom tuner will charge about $300 for each reprogram on the chip.

But if you stay BPU and get ur hands on this ecu for a good price, its worth it.