milkshake cleanup

MmmBoost

DDS Performance
well, im halfway thru the removal of my head, and when i took off the pcv hose to the block, i can see a lot of milkshake buildup in there. i know that there was a serious leak and it was driven for a little while even when overheated. i didnt have another choice at the time.

i already have a "new" head (that looks like its in really good shape, THANKS HOTSCENNESEY!) its at the machine shop, getting bead blasted, shaved, and pressure tested. i told them that its getting a mhg, and they are one of the better shops here in vegas. i already have the Titan 2.0mm MHG, and arp studs. i still realize that the problem might be a cracked block, but upon disassembly if i dont see any cracks, i cant pull the motor to have it checked, so its going back together as is.

my only question is, how can i clean up the milkshake? will brake cleaner flushed down thru the block a few times, and then a few oil changes once its running be sufficient? is there a special cleaner that i can run with the first startup to help out? my dad also mentioned that back in the day, they used a 50/50 mix of kerosene and oil run thru the motor at idle for 30 minutes to clean everything out really good. but that was a long time ago and before cars had sensors on them.

anyone???

notmymk3

Aug 27, 2006
Mission Viejo California
i dont know if this is the correct way, but this is what i did

what i did was put some BG engine flush when i was doing my BHG repair and ran the car for 5 min then drained the crap oil and put in freash oil, but my supras n/a