Microtech Guru's Needed....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Standalone: LT12s
Engine: 2JZ

I went into my standalone and saw that the TPS reading was at 99 percent. Does this mean that it is not wired in properly or the Microtech does not support it. I know it does not support the stock stepper motor but it is idling without stalling out. How are you guys getting AFR tracking with the Microtech, I did not see a plug for it on the standalone it self, only the wires for the narrow band stock sensor.

Thanks.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The learning curve ;)

Slide2.GIF

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I went to check the wiring and I cannot find a wiring diagram from Microtech's website.

Here is what I know, there are three wires that are there. Two are five volts with the key on and engine running and one is a ground.

Anyone know where I can get a TPS pigtail for this 2JZ? I need on because this one is in bad shape. Which contacts do the wires go to? I know the third pin, when looking at the TPS with the notch on top, is not used.

After I get this sorted out, installing a wideband and trimming fuel is in order. Car was tuned with 440 and then MKIV 550's were added.

Since the standalone is seeing the TPS at 99 percent, that means it is on the WOT map.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
My 2JZ is not starting. I tested for pulse, that is good. Spark is good, verified with my tester. It is a 2JZ on a Microtech. I haven't changed anything in the maps, just drove the car into my shop, changed the antifreeze, and then no start.

I contacted Microtech and the yellow light on the EMS is flashing which means the ignition system is working. What do you think it could be? My car would crank and would show 15mmhg of vacuum, now it is showing 4 on my blitz gauge and with the laptop connected to the EMS. All clamps are tight, no vacuum leaks or hoses out, none of those were touched. I would say compression but it started and ran fine less than 20 minutes before.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
if your "gauge" is showing low vacuum, then you have low vacuum or a dud gauge. The real question is the MAP sensor matching the gauge? If it is matching the gauge, then you hve a vacuum leak.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
LOL! I changed the plugs. They were horrible. The guy told me he changed them and he did but the car is getting richer as it warms up, the plugs were fouled badly. I changed the plugs and it started right up.

I believe my air temp map needs to be tuned and the cold start enrichment as well.

My gauges are not really duds, they are new Defi's so they work extremely accurate. The EMS and gauges always read the same, from cold start to a hard pull. Both read the same.