Michigan Supra Owners Please Read!

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Hey guys,

I have recently been accepted into the University of Michigan's School of Dentistry for the entering class of Fall 2010. I am worried about the weather in Ann Arbor. My Supra is my baby and I would hate to ruin it in day to day transit to and from campus. What is it like for you guys with good paint jobs? Is it impossible to keep a clean car? I hope to have a garage and will probably try not to drive it in the winter if possible. How are the public transit systems in Ann Arbor? Easy to get to and from Campus?

Any information or advise would be really cool as this is been a big worry of mine.

Thanks!

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Yeah, definitely a DD is a must for anybody, specially if you're student. I wouldn't leave my baby sitting at a school's parking lot, regardless of the weather. So yeah, a DD that nobody looks at twice is my advice.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Thanks for the post guys, I was thinking on the same lines. I am just having a really hard time bringing the Supra along for the ride, knowing that all she would do is sit in a garage! But I really don't want to sell it...

Have any of you spent time in Ann Arbor? The good, bad and ugly? Any advice on where the best places to live are? I am really trying to find a house (preferably with a 2 car garage:biglaugh:)

Thanks for the advice!

mkiiibro

Sep 25, 2009
Detroit
ann arbor is a cool city with lots of hills. Lots of hills+snow=lots of salt. you know what that means. If this is your first year at U of M you will probably live in the dorms (unless you are a transfer student) but houses are everywhere. Finding one with a two car garage might be difficult. Either way good luck to you, let us know how it goes.

~phil

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Thanks! Yeah I am pretty worried... I am just going to have to pick up a daily driver.

Thanks again for all the responses!