Meguiar's Cleaner Wax Rocks!!!

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Soooo, when I got the Supe it had all kinds of stains in the bumpers, which wouldn't come off in the washes. Then me and my grandfather changed the fan clutch, and got grease prints all over the front of it. I finally questioned the manager at one of the washes I go to, and he said it was all in the paint, because my clear coat on the bumpers is gone. According to him the only way to get it out was to sand and repaint. So anyways, my friend showed me this awesome wax, Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, which completely made it look like new. He put some on a small spot on my bumper, the next day I got a bottle and started waxing. I finished the bumpers, and then it made the rest of my car look dirty, so I ended up doing the full car. Not a trace of stains or fingerprints! WooHoo!

So, here's some pics.
The test area my friend showed me (and the rest of the dirty bumper lol):
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After I did some more on the left hand side as well:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Much better:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Doing the front bumper as well (you can see the small area I tested first):
sm_photo_missing.jpg

See the difference!:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Gorgeous White Bumper:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Car after the wax:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

WooHoo! Shiny!:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

BTW, this was done 3 days after I had washed the car (its not just surface dirt). That crap on the bumper has survived so many washes! Finally its gone!

So, for 8 bucks and 2.5hrs, I'm thrilled with the results!

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
suprastanger507mgte said:
Yes it does. IF you Clay bar your car and than use that thing....it looks even better.

Hmmmm....
When I have time in the next few weeks I was wanting to do it again and see if I could get it even cleaner (low rez pix from my phone, there is still a bit of dirt).

I'll have to check into clay baring it (I have no idea about any of this stuff, I always get it washed at an actual car wash lol)

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
LOL @ Ck. I though you already had one of these back in the day...lol.

Yeah, its funny, me and the guy that showed this to me are overly anal about our cars, so we always park next to each other at school, with a spot inbetween us, both of us overlapping into it so no one parks there ;)
Every time I walk out to my car I'm amazed at how wide it looks compared to his Mustang.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yeah, ive used the clay bar and was amazed at the results. when the tree fell on the car too, meguiars cleaner wax took most of the surface scratches right out of the hood. i love the stuff, but i use turtle wax ice now that ive cleaner waxed and clay bar'd the whole thing.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Yeah, Clip, I should've taken pix of the door handle inserts. They were all scratched up, they're perfectly white now.

Seriously, when my fried put some of this stuff on the bumper and the dirt came right off, my jaw was on the asphalt. I was convinced I had just witnesses a divine miracle.

They should market it as Meguiar's Miracle Stuff!

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
hm. meguiar's miracle stuff. heals old paint, aches and pains too! also used to treat erectile dysfunction. just rub it on, rub it in, and go to town!

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
ChadMKIII said:
Hmmmm....
When I have time in the next few weeks I was wanting to do it again and see if I could get it even cleaner (low rez pix from my phone, there is still a bit of dirt).

I'll have to check into clay baring it (I have no idea about any of this stuff, I always get it washed at an actual car wash lol)

Unless you're using an Automatic High speed Buffer, I wouldn't recommend going CRAZY with tons and tons of coats of wax at once...Not good for paint and it WILL take the paint off eventually.

If you're just going by hand, more power to you! If you think it looks clean after 1 layer of wax, try a 2nd. :biglaugh: It comes even CLEANER.
When I worked in an Auto Body shop a few years back, that was one of the best things after spraying a car was putting everything back together and waxing it.
Sooooo, sooooo shiny. :icon_bigg Have fun with it. Don't let your arms cramp up. ;)

Jeff

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I love that stuff too!!! That Mothers Wheel polish and Tire Wet is all you need to know.............................:icon_bigg

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
By the way...

Coming from lots of experience,
Meguiars & Mothers are hands down, the 2 best brands you can buy on the shelves. I typically use Meguiars for interior, wheel & tire cleaners. Meguiars Tech Wax does an AWESOME job with Exterior wax, don't get me wrong, but Mothers Wax is just phenomenal if you do it right.

And if you're waxing by hand.....and after doing a 2 feet by 2 feet area and your hand isn't hurting like hell and cramping up...got news for you.

You. Aint. Doinnnn good enough! :D

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
ChadMKIII said:
Hmmmm....

Chad, wash your own car and you will see the difference dude. Buy a gallon of Meguires car wash from Costco for like 7 bucks and you can use it for a lot of car wash. Clay barin is an awesome thing. All the crap will come off and then you use the cleaner wax after it...you will feel that your paint will be silky smooth and have a wet look all the time. Its fairly easy to do but rrequires a bit of good old fashion hard labour.. lol

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Suprahero: the wonder of crappy cell phone cameras ;) It doesn't quite look that good IRL when you get up close lol.

Jeff, yeah, I won't be doing it til at least another week n' a half prolly, just don't have the time. I am doing it by hand (hence it took almost 3 hrs), and yes it hurt after a 2x2 section. (I got a break, halfway thru my mom called and needed me to pick her up, she ran out of gas lol). Since I still have half a bottle of the Meguiar's wax, I'll use it next time, but if you really think Mother's is really good, I'll try it time after that.

Moe, I would, but I just don't have the time on a regular basis to wash it. I try not to let it go past a week and a half before I wash it, I HATE dirty cars. If I can set aside a Sat or Sun coming up, I do plan to give it a good wash, clay bar, and another coat of wax, but after that it'll be the car wash for the next 3-4 months minimum. I don't really like washing my own car, for 10 bucks I can get a lot faster wash that doesn't require me to do anything ;) but I don't mind the work every once in a while.

BTW, Moe, were you at the Hub in Fremont tonight, around 7.30? I snapped a pic, it looked like your car from the last dyno day pix:
p341586_1.jpg

If that was you, slick car!