Megasquirt 3 with MSextra and stock CPS

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Hey guys, I recently purchased an MS3x from DIYAutoTune. Im looking to install it in my car in the next few months. My question here is, will it work with the stock CPS? Ive read that i will need to mod the cps to get it to function correctly but i cant find much info on it. There is no write up on the ms3 on a 7m yet.(that i know of) So i'm wondering, will i run into any issues with the cps? If so, what do i need and what do i need to do to have it function properly when I install it?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Check this thread.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?125621-Megasquirt-thread-Megasquirt-and-You

The cps has 2 single tooth pick ups and a 24 tooth wheel. You use the 24 tooth pickup for crank which will be ne and use one of the sigbals tooth pick ups for the cam which is ge or g1.

Also to run full sequential with the 3x you will have to rewire the injectors and coils and change coils. At that point might as well switch to cop with built in igniters.

Also be easier to switch to map sensor.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Awesome thanks. I'm considering going full sequential but I haven't decided yet. I'm not aiming for big numbers. Roughly 500hp would be ideal for me. I have the 4 bar Map daddy sensor and will be getting the IAT sensor here shortly.
Any suggestions or ideas you wanna throw at me?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Idk how I didn't find this stuff. Thanks a lot.
I've decided I'm going full sequential and will be making my own harness.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Cool I bought the12' ms3 harness and the12' ms3x harness from diy auto tune... They are labeled down every wire what it's for:) made it easy

However You will need to replace the cam sensor wire with a shielded one or shield the one they send

Are you set up to run knock sensors?