Megan Ez street Coilovers Feedback

Supra_Saiyan

Jun 5, 2012
Colorado
Im about to order some Megan ez street coilovers for the mk3 since my front left shock blown and want know what you guys think about them.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Don't need search police.

Never used those but if you got some extra cash the powered by Max coils look mighty nice.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I am really interested in pics because I am debating on going for coilovers or an EDFC type system so I can have TEMS but on steroids for sport mode.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I've heard the BC racing coilovers are really nice too. They are supposed to have very linear adjustments for their price ($1K), which is a problem with all budget coilovers (anything under $1500 is a budget coilover).

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
EZ street are similar to the higher end models, just with slightly different valving/springrates, fewer damper adjustments, and rubber upper mounts instead of pillowball/bearing mounts.

I've run LP streets on my Lexus LS for the past 3 years and love them, but will probably go with some PBM/BC Racing coils, with custom springrates, for the supra.

though if i'm honest, i long for the day KW made coils for the A70 chassis :love:

Supra_Saiyan

Jun 5, 2012
Colorado
I just installed the front two and they look great starting on putting the back tomorrow, I believe you can customize the stock tems on the supra to work with the megans so you can adjust your damping.

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 60
  • mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 61

Supra_Saiyan

Jun 5, 2012
Colorado
I was planning to go with BC coilovers because I hear alot of good reviews about how good they are on the track and road use but Im sort of a cheap mk3 owner :biglaugh: .and have other problems to worry about so went with Megan coilovers to save to pesos and get other parts fixed on my car.toyota engine evolution.jpg

Supra_Saiyan

Jun 5, 2012
Colorado
Yeah I think you can build a custom tems that would fit the megans so you can adjust damping in the cabin but at the moment I dont think anyone has tried this idea

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So...you think you can customize TEMS to be used on Megans....but you dont think that anyone has ever tried...

Ok. I also think you can have the Titanic raised, weld it back into one peice, and use it for drifting...but nobody's tried that either, as far as i know.

In summary, yes- i think you're right, but it may take so much time, effort, and money, as to make it unworthwhile.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
You'd have to reprogram the controller to match the positions of the megan shocks, I don't know how you'd go about doing that.