Me vs. SRT-4, Blazer and Civics

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
Never really posted here since I didnt even have a running supra haha but thats a little different now. Got the 1j swap done and broke in some new parts so my next door neighbor invites me to go do to LA to go to a local car meet with some of his car buddies (most are hondas lol) but anyways, I get down there and Im actually suprised by some of my friends cars. Nothing special in the honda area(about 7 of them), best i saw was a hatch civic with a jdm b-16 all modded, but a pesky SRT-4 was rolling around with exhast and a few mods here and there, a I think 89? Blazer with a 350 Chevy swap with mild mods and spray (ran a 8.4 in 1/8th mile) and thats about it. Well we come to find out the meets were cancelled do to police but whatever we wing it and go racing. So it comes down to this, freeway race: SRT-4, and the 89 Blazer. So at a 40mph me and the SRT-4 go at it, he claims hes running 13psi but who knows, anywho we go at it, wow didnt think he was going to be that slow, right off the back I pulled him about 4 cars total before I hit the 125mph limiter then he pulled the famous ricer fly by haha, so 1 down another to go, the blazer takes place and again a 40mph, his open heads exhast soundsed mean as hell but I ended up pulling him in the top end about just as much as the SRT, hmmm..... I think i like this racing thing haha, So now on to the standstill race, I only got one shot to race since I had to leave plus the SRT and Blazer didnt want to race me anymore haha, so I decided to take the fastest honda there, so we line up, clean the tires and wait for the arms to go down, well the arms go down, damn, got a little too excited and gave a little too much gas off the start, so Im spinning all of 1st while he starts to gain on me, so its already not turning out good, I go for second, GGGRRRIIINNNDDD, totally missed the gear do to a tranny problem I cant figure out (doesnt shift into second under load??) so after cursing up a storm struggling to get into second it finally does, ok so hes a good 6 cars ahead now, greattt....Im about to be beat by a honda...... So i give it all I got, BOOM 3rd gear, ooo snap Im right on his bumper, I end up passing him! and beating him by 2 cars and letting off around 110mph, cracks me up haha, so I guess thats my story, funny thing, i got home and hear what sounds like a boost leak, so I do what anyone would and got the hell under my car and started tracing it, o waht do you know, a 2" split in my intercooler, plus I was hitting fuel cut here and there, I cut the boost down and it helped but i still hit it, Im thinking the boost leak didnt help. so even with my car not at its best I can take all of my friends haha not bad anyways thanks for listening.

Mods:
-1jz 5spd 12psi usally 15psi but fuel cut decided no
-3 1/4" dp and full blitz exhast
-I guess a cold air intake, idk its cheap lol
-weight reduction (asphault stripped, rear bumper gutter, rear interior gutted)
-245/45 in the rear
-DM stage 2 clutch

not half bad for mostly stock haha