**Me the Newbie & my MK3**

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
Hello all I am new to the site as of last week so forgive me for the late introduction.

I am a first time Supra owner and have always wanted a MK3. I am not new to owning other forced induction vehicles however.

About my car. She is a 1988 hard top 7MGTE. Here is what has been upgraded and refreshed on my girl so far. The list is as follows:

-Honed-port match/intake-exhaust manifold
-3 angle valve job
-engine bored .020 over
-crank scraper
-.010-.010 crank
-balanced rotating assembly
-ARP assembly bolts & head studs
-K&N fipk
-3'' turbo elbow
-3'' downpipe
-3'' exhaust
-Eibach lowering springs 2'' drop
-stainless steel break lines
-89 JDM taillights
-metal head gasket
-front slotted/cross drilled rotors
-new U-joints
-rebuilt front suspension with all new arms/new ball joints/new bushings
-All new electronic struts & TEMS control units
-all new belts/hoses, seals, pumps and starter........More to come!

jmillan

Sep 29, 2013
oceanside
hello Ichibaneye, what part of Cali are you from? i too am a first time supra MK III owner and new to forced induction cars XD

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
Silver MK3;1971571 said:
Welcome. Post some pictures of the Supra for all of us to see!

@ Silver MK3, Thank you for the hospitality. Well I do have the one profile picture of me standing by my car. Once my phone gets back from Samsung factory repair I will post some more pictures for you all to see. Btw do you know where I can pick up a supra badge like the one pictured in your profile?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
There on any 86.5-90. Should be able to find one from one of the part outs in the for sale section.

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
jmillan;1971585 said:
hello Ichibaneye, what part of Cali are you from? i too am a first time supra MK III owner and new to forced induction cars XD

I am kind of close, I get out to O-side a few times a month. I don't really want to be to specific here, however feel free to send me a pm if you feel the need to. What year is your ride and when did you get it? Are you happy with it? Boost is addicting glad to see you chose a great car.

It is funny because I have now ran into 5 people I know since getting my car that love it and they ALL said "I always wanted a Supra like yours".

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
hvyman;1971592 said:
There on any 86.5-90. Should be able to find one from one of the part outs in the for sale section.

@ hvyman, Thank you for the tip! I am a member on 3 other forums and have had no luck finding one same goes for eBay. I was headed that direction on this fine forum soon. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
IchibanEye;1971595 said:
@ hvyman, Thank you for the tip! I am a member on 3 other forums and have had no luck finding one same goes for eBay. I was headed that direction on this fine forum soon. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

I would try what hvyman said. You may be able to still get them from Toyota but they probably cost an arm and a leg...

jmillan

Sep 29, 2013
oceanside
IchibanEye my ride is a 89 supra t-top and i bought it off some guy on craigslist for $800.
the pro's: the interior is really well taken care of with the exeption of the dash (sun damaged)
running a TD06H20G turbo
drift motion front mount intercooler
3inch straight piping
the cons: ding on the driver side front quarter panel
automatic........and the reverse is no good XO(but drives fine in all foreward speeds) LOL
the paint can use some touch up
and i actually have had people tell me the same thing :D things like you got a SUPRA?!!! I wish i had a monster of car like yours lol
yes the boost is very addicting

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
jmillan;1971940 said:
IchibanEye my ride is a 89 supra t-top and i bought it off some guy on craigslist for $800.
the pro's: the interior is really well taken care of with the exeption of the dash (sun damaged)
running a TD06H20G turbo
drift motion front mount intercooler
3inch straight piping
the cons: ding on the driver side front quarter panel
automatic........and the reverse is no good XO(but drives fine in all foreward speeds) LOL
the paint can use some touch up
and i actually have had people tell me the same thing :D things like you got a SUPRA?!!! I wish i had a monster of car like yours lol
yes the boost is very addicting

Sounds like a keeper my man! Keep in touch and enjoy. Btw great find even if she is an automatic.

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
atmperformance;1972047 said:
We look forward to your next head gasket job

I'm good but I also think jmillan is aware that his $800 ride is in need of some love and he realizes that his auto is not ideal. I do look forward to him taking care of his car in the future or at least I hope he does.

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
Supra28;1972434 said:
Welcome to SM.

thanks and you all seem to lack the stench and STICK UP THE BUTT mentality that some of the members and moderators have honed into a worthless social skill over at supra forums. god bless you all for that.

Last edited:

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
Silver MK3;1971596 said:
I would try what hvyman said. You may be able to still get them from Toyota but they probably cost an arm and a leg...

Haha thank you. I am a bonehead....I went outside and guess what, it has the o.g. nose badge. I thought it was the symbol one. So all is well in Supra land.....at the moment.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
People who act like they belong on SF get treated as if this is SF. We don't do the search police bullshit because then you end up with a million threads all ending with "use search noob" and the answer is still lost in the pages.

When you have any problems, don't post on here and be like "OMG MY CAR SHUT OFF AND IT WON'T RESTART" add some information on things you already previously tried to remedy the problem. Use some knowledge and type with decent grammar and you'll go a long way on the forum. Welcome to Supramania.

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
IndigoMKII;1989795 said:
People who act like they belong on SF get treated as if this is SF. We don't do the search police bullshit because then you end up with a million threads all ending with "use search noob" and the answer is still lost in the pages.

When you have any problems, don't post on here and be like "OMG MY CAR SHUT OFF AND IT WON'T RESTART" add some information on things you already previously tried to remedy the problem. Use some knowledge and type with decent grammar and you'll go a long way on the forum. Welcome to Supramania.

Thanks for the advice and greeting. I also read the pointers on how to post on this forum. It makes complete sense, the more information the better off we all are for it. Cheers!