MD Supras

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
EDIT: MEET IS SET, SEE BELOW.

Place: Jimmie Cone, Mount Airy, MD (exit 68 off I-70)

Date: 9/20

Time: 5:00pm

Type: Bi-Weekly gathering of a variety of cars: Imports, (mostly) domestics, hot rods, bikes...etc.

Last edited:

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
Hey whatever happened to the mdsupras.com website? I tried going to it couple weeks ago to see that it was taken down.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
MDsupras.com is no longer in existence because the site had slowed down considerably and had been taken over by spammers and pop-up several times, all that plus the site Admin got out of the Supra scene.

As for a gathering of some kind, what would everyone be interested in doing? Options are park/bbq, cruise, track day or we could find out if any car shows are happening and crash it. I'm not sure if anyone else is familiar with the Jimmie Cone cruise-ins in Mount Airy that happen on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. Its just your basic muscle car (some imports and exotics) show the same people show up every time, but there is generally 50-75 cars that show up in the evenings. We could meet there, hang out for a while then take a drive on some back roads or something. Plus its in Mount Airy so if folks are coming from Baltimore/DC areas it wouldn't be as far as Frederick. We did that for a MDsupras.com meet once and it was a good time. LMK and tell your friends! - Jake

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Mt. Airy would be good, that's an east run up 70 and avoids some of the
Frederick traffic & police. I'd be interested in meeting everyone in the area
and it's a lot closer than running to Richmond. How about some time after
labor day and before the fall Richmond meet.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I'm up northeast of most of you, but It would be nice to get together with other owners from the area.

As for a track day, Cecil County drag way is a nice track, I go a few times a year and have only seen one other Supra there, a MKIV that was running 8's. I haven't been to MIR, but a friend of mine has, he says its real nice.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
j3pz;1114210 said:
so are we getting a meet together?
I was wondering the same thing. Guess we should pick a location and day
and see who is interested. Anyone mentioned is OK with me and I still like
Mt. Airy that Aye Mate started this thread with. Of course I have to have my
car back from the shop! Hopefully by next week.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Who can make it to Mount Airy (exit 68 off I-70) on 9-6 or 9-20? They are both saturdays and are the days of the hot rod shows at Jimmie Cone. My car started smoking about a week or so ago so I need to figured out whats going on with that, but hopefully by either of those dates I'll have it figured out.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Ok, lets go for 9-20-08. As for the time...the parking lot fills up pretty fast, so the earlier we get there the more parking but we'll have to wait longer until other cars show up; if anyone is interested in seeing other cars. And I'm not really worried about "showing" my car. So I don't care if we park in the "show" area. The parking lot is for a shopping center so if we park out of the way theres more of a chance of us all parking near each other.

Tell you what, I'll go up there the next show(9-6) and figure out what time we should arrive. So date is set for 9-20, time is TBD.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
aye mate;1118034 said:
Ok, lets go for 9-20-08. As for the time...the parking lot fills up pretty fast, so the earlier we get there the more parking but we'll have to wait longer until other cars show up; if anyone is interested in seeing other cars. And I'm not really worried about "showing" my car. So I don't care if we park in the "show" area. The parking lot is for a shopping center so if we park out of the way theres more of a chance of us all parking near each other.

Tell you what, I'll go up there the next show(9-6) and figure out what time we should arrive. So date is set for 9-20, time is TBD.
Sounds good, thanks for promoting this. Also need directions to the shopping
center, Mt. Airy is easy, after that Which Way?????:1zhelp:

porsche6016

Jul 22, 2007
e-burg
i'll be down to meet in mt.airy (only like 20-25min) but i'll be racing in cumberland 9/20... plus my mk3 isn't legal yet so i would come up in my IS if thats cool